I honestly do not understand the bad reviews. It's obvious that Phu Quoc is not that much a luxury resort destination, if you compare it to Phuket or Samui. Therefore the hotels here are lacking that 'luxuriousness', which could be achieved if they'd put more attention to details. In Thailand, you would be offered a drink and a cold towel almost everywhere you check-in. Here in Phu Quoc - I don't think so. No pool villas, no really good spa centers (even in the most pretentious resort here - La Veranda). What I'm saying is that you should not expect much of Phu Quoc hotels, even though some of them are way overpriced. With that in mind Eden Resort is not so bad as some reviews may tell.
+ very nice garden with a small river, looks really beautiful, and even the unfinished buildings on the left side do not spoil it
+ I've read lots of negative stuff about the general attitude and friendliness towards the guests; well, maybe I am lucky, but the desk staff was very friendly, the bellboy brought our luggage to the room very quickly (and did the same on check-out, even though I forgot to ask for it), we were always greeted with a smile, so I really can't say anything bad about the staff
+ nice infinity pool, the only one of that type on the island, they say
+ nice stretch of the beach, white sand, clear sea
+ complimentary airport shuttle
+ free wi-fi everywhere (but sloooow)
- no spa, just the locals on the beach offer some cheap massage, very cheap but unprofessional
- breakfast you can miss (try mango pancakes and coffee at Alanis Deli, just 3 minute taxi ride)
- room is good, generally, but you can expect more from a 4* hotel. Everything did work, but starts to show its age. And yes, the hot water is a problem sometimes. No bathrobes, but slippers provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eden Resort Phu Quoc lies on the Western coast of Phu Quoc Island, only moments from the white sand beaches and Turquoise Ocean. Lush tropical gardens surround the breathtaking infinity pool and you'll be just steps from the blissful private beach and surrounding forest and mountains. Truly unwind at the on-site Deluxe Spa with open air pavilions on the winding river that circles the resort. These definitely will bring to our guest exceptional services of a prestigious brand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Hotel Duong To
- Eden Resort Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam