We considered the Paris Beach resort because it was the best option having all other spots fully booked (Beach club, Sea Star, etc). They promised to reserve a taxi for us at arrival, but nobody met us.There were hotel people meeting some other guests in the airport, we just didn't find our names among others.
We had a long e-mail conversation with hotel owner about the room we would like to book (big, not on the ground floor, see-front), and when we came finally we were offered a bungalow with nothing we mentioned in our mails. The only way to get privacy in that bungalow was to shut all the windows.
Fortunately, there was one room available in the main building, very small one, without view. The rooms are very basic, equipped with necessary stuff like chair, table, but somehow it all was very inconvenient. You run into chair every time you want to move around the room - although there was a way to make it much better just moving the bed to other place. The fan was too noisy, so we just shut it down for the night hours.
The room cleaning was every day issue. The bath mat was full of sand, so we asked to change it. First day we got 2 big, 2 small towels, the other day we got only 2 big ones, the day after we got 4 small, and the last day we didn't find any - had to ask for it. One came with stain on it, so they changed it. I will not mention bath amenities - for the whole period of stay (5 days) they put shampoo in the bathroom just twice. And they do not provide beach towels, which is also a mystery for us considering local prices.
The restaurant was OK. Good food, but again: the prices here were a bit higher than in the Beach Club just over the fence (coffee, juices). Some fresh smoothies were about 50 percent more expensive. And coffee came not hot just warm. All those were little inconveniences, but coming together they were too annoying.
The beach around was not cleaned. If the hotel stuff would spend around one quarter of the time they spent for improving their English with guests to make some cleaning, the beach will not be so disgusting.
Also you should be aware that hotel staff girls used to touch guests every time they talk to them or even say hello. It is not a local tradition but the way for this hotel to be friendly, I guess. I do not like strangers touching me, so it was an issue.
WiFi was available in the hotel, but it was very unstable. Maybe one of the reasons for this was the electricity outages that happened regularly on that part of island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Long Beach - West Coast, charming Front Beach resort with confortable rooms and bungalows (majority with private terrace ans seaview ) with aircond, hotwater (by solar system), wifi. Restaurant offering vietnamese and french authentic cuisine, fresh fish and seafood, vegetarian menu. Motorbikes and bicycles for rent and others activities on request (snorkeling, fishing, scuba diving island tour,... - 3,5 km from the main city - 5 mn by taxi ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Paris Beach Phu Quoc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paris Beach Phu Quoc Hotel Duong To
- Paris Beach Phu Quoc Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam