Paris Beach Village Phu Quoc
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Famiana Resort & Spa(Cua Lap)
$77
Hotels.com
$77
$32
  • Breakfast included
Sol Beach House Phu Quoc(Duong To)
$78
Agoda.com
Praha Hotel(Duong To)(Great Value!)
$30
$29
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
$112
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsphu quocvip roomfew beerscool waterdirt trackthe water's edgecleaned dailynice swimming poolnon stoptables and chairsbuffet breakfastother resortsrecommend this resortlittle thingsseafoodnight marketsea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Trip with my family 2 boys and my wife.
the whole complex is old and dirty.
We had mice running on the false ceiling during the night.
the beach in front of the hotel is very small, we received dirty and broken towels.
We moved to another hotel after 1 night.
Staff tried to help as much as they could, but the overall conditions were unacceptable.
They need to invest and completely renew this hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
19  Thank Muzio M
latonkinoise, CONSULTANT at Paris Beach Village Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear customer,,
You booked through an agency 2 standard rooms in the peak period of the year at with a very cheap price, upon your arrival, you claimed for beachfront bedroom that we could not satisfy you as the hotel was full. I think the problem comes from there.
Nevertheless, we have upgraded you by providing standard bungalow with garden view. Our bungalows are 2 years of age but with the sea breeze, it requires constant maintenance that we do with a continuing renovating program.
The towels in the rooms are all new. Beach towels get dirty very quickly and this time we have used all the stock to meet customer needs, it can happen from time to time, our staff hurt sorting. We're sorry that happened to you.
We are next to a river and a mouse was exceptionally attracted by the food and run under the roof of your bungalow, the mouse has been hunted and she will not come back, is not it? This has never happened since our opening
For information, immediately after your departure, there are clients who were happy to stay 15 days in the same bungalows without any problems.
That said, and again, we are renovating all the time and it is better to book directly with hotels for not misunderstanding
Sincerely

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We really enjoyed are time here. This place is south of town a bit, but that is definitely a good thing (the town itself was pretty dumpy and busy). This place is right on the water and has very nice beaches nearby.

We ate at the restaurant for every meal, and it was pretty good, but not amazing. They also did room-service free of charge, which was great while my wife was feeling sick.

The pool was great. It looked quite new and was a great place to cool off when we didn't feel like going in the saltwater. We spent a good deal of time out there relaxing and reading.

Overall, we had a very relaxing time here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Good place with diverse range of accommodation. Bungalows around the nice garden look comfy, but packed close to each others. The resort area was peaceful and suitable for couples and families. Breakfast buffet was alright, but same each and every day. A little variety even to fruits offered would make a little miracle. If you stay during christmas or new year you are required to take evening buffet, which honestly isn't worth for the money.
Lady running the resort was really helpful and she even book boat tickets to us. However, we had some issues in getting tickets in Rach Gia, because there was no information of our tickets as she bought those in Phu Quoc. Helpful service but make sure your ticket booking is also informed to the office in port city. We preferred to in south part of Long Beach, which isn't that crowded. The resort has some beach chairs, but as the place itself is build so close to sea coast that there isn't any good places to lie down. Though the place next to this resort has some good chairs and places to spend your day in the sun. Pool was clean and spacious enough. Main village is approx 3km and can be reached easily with scooter that you can rent from the resort. Scooter rent for a day is around 180k dongs. Don´t take the cheapest room available, which is next to main entrance to resort. The room was really small, and there is a water pump in the same building that keeps awful noise and disturbs your sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Anni J
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here as a family with teenage kids, and we loved it! The service was top, and the Christmas Eve dinner was really unforgettable! The place was quiet but never boring, and it has a fabulous restaurant location three steps up from the beach. We stayed in deluxe bungalows, and they were fine. The beds were ok, the bathrooms were spacious, but we didn't spend much time inside. We had brought mosquito nets, but there were hardly any mosquitos during our stay, and with the aircondition, there was not really any need for nets. We never tried the swimmingpool, but it really looked clean and new. The same with the area surrounding the pool. The beach in front of the kotel is quite narrow, due to the fantastic location of the restaurant, but 50-100 meters to the north, the beach was wide enough for some beach activities. Taxi to the town was 5-8 minutes and inexpensive. We really want to come back to this hotel!

Room Tip: We had some mosquitos in the bathroom, as this room had windows that could open, but as long as the door to the bedroom was kept closed this was not a problem. We were 4 and needed 2 bungalows. We only had doublebeds in our bungalows.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GME2014
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I spent 6 days at the Paris Beach Resort in November and really enjoyed my stay. I had looked online at many different places before booking and when on Phu Quoc looked at some of those places when out walking. I concluded that even though the PBR is not without some (to my mind) minor things that could be improved, I made the right choice of hotel and would certainly stay there again in the future if returning to Phu Quoc (I should be so lucky). The PBR had just the mixture of location, facilities, down to earth homeliness, good food, friendly service and cleanliness that I was hoping for and wasn't sure if I would actually be able to find. PLUS it has a brand new swimming pool. And all for a very good price.

I had one of the brand new deluxe/VIP rooms upstairs in the house and it was great. Huge for one person. It had big windows and a balcony and chair right above the beach so I got to see beautiful sea and sunset panoramas from the comfort of my room (although my sunset preference at PBR was a table over looking the beach, a glass of chilled wine and some home cooked snacks, oh yes). The room was modern, very nicely and recently decorated (silver soft furnishings, white walls and white tiled floor) with very good aircon, There was a little 'sitting room' area partitioned off with a black couch, colour TV, fridge, desk and chair (if I recall correctly Ha said she was going to install a laptop workstation there at some point). The room had tea making facilities and the bed was comfy. The room and bathroom were always cleaned well and I was comfortable there.

I detest bugs and creepy crawlies and am pleased to say there were none of note in my room. Apart that is, from one day when the window was left open and some flying bugs got in. Ha the lovely owner straight away de-bugged the room and put in a mossie net at my request. I didn't really need it though because the room was sealed well.The only exception was the bathroom window didn't shut flush but a bit of paper stuffed in fixed the gap. So no complaints there and believe me - I am properly arachnophobic!

I really enjoyed eating at the restaurant. The food was good and the menu varied. I enjoyed it so much I didn't bother leaving the PBR to eat the entire time I was there.You can see the fishermen bringing in the days catch off their boats in the mornings right in front of your breakfast tables so you know the fish will be fresh. They have a good wine menu (French and various world wines). I really enjoyed the Da Nang white so stuck to that as it's not something you see in my local Sainsbury's.

The restaurant service was helpful, friendly and polite although not always superslick - but I didn't mind that. After all it's a tropical island beach resort with tables almost on the beach. Personally I go to beach resorts to do what was thankfully possible at the PBR - be ultra casual, relax, chill, and while away the time reading my book before, during, between and after courses, watch beach life, stare at the sea, watch the sunset, be amused by the antics of the 4 hotel dogs, get up from time to time to look at stuff and chat to other people. I don't sweat about getting the dinner on the table within 60 seconds of sitting down and dashing off to catch the last bus home.

The hotel staff were lovely. First of all Ha the lovely lady owner is a natural and excellent hostess. She was really kind, friendly and paid great attention to detail, making sure I felt welcome, included, comfortable and had everything I needed to my satisfaction. I was travelling alone and she always greeted me when I appeared downstairs, often popping over to say hello and have nice little chats. I might add she was very upset one day and said it was because a reviewer had apparently said she spoke badly of her neighbours which Ha said she had not. Anyway,thought I'd add that in the interests of peace and harmony.

Ha's staff were also a delight - very nice people. Different staff had different levels of English proficiency and a couple of staff I talked with seemed keen to learn and develop their skills (checking they had the correct pronunciation etc).The staff added to the ambiance of the place and like Ha seemed to try hard to make me feel welcome.

The beach - I saw a couple of reviews that criticized it for being narrow, some mess and jellyfish. First, it is quite narrow. But not as narrow as a couple of reviews made out. There was easily room for the sunloungers and a decent enough strip of sand in between the loungers and sea. I put my sunbed under some trees with an umbrella and was glad of the shade because the sun was boiling. The beach outside the PBR was very clean. In fact I walked from the PBR along the beach into town and was quite shocked to see quite a bit of rubbish on different parts of the long beach towards the town. But the sand and water around the Paris Beach Resort was very clean.

When I was there the sea was warm, calm, crystal clear and totally garbage free. I saw a few jellyfish glooping along over the course of my stay and occasionally some strange little things that when I swam into a little bunch of them felt like grit on my skin. But not bothersome enough to make me get out the water. But anyway so what? This is the sea. Stuff lives in it and sea creatures come and go everywhere. There was a really nice new swimming pool that looked very clean and well kept. However I didn't use it because the sea was so lovely to be in and looked like a paradise picture postcard.

On the beach to the side of the hotel there was a very nice local family who set up business for the day.The Dad walks up the beach selling fresh fruit from a basket, cuts it up and bags it for you. It was honestly the best fruit I have ever tasted in my life and brought straight to your sunlounger. His wife and daughter did massages and other guests told me the aloe vera massage helped cool their sunburn.

The PBR organised a boat trip to the south islands and that went well, was enjoyable and good value for the price. The only duff bit was the visit to the pearl farm on the way but I think all the trips do pearl farm stops. I would perhaps have liked to have gone back to buy some stuff under my own steam but to be honest couldn't be bothered to leave the beach resort.

To my mind the Paris Beach Resort was everything a tropical beach resort should be and I am so glad I chose to stay there. It's obviously loved and cared about very much by Ha, the owner. It's not 5 star luxury, nor does it pretend to be. In fact I had upscaled to a short stay at a bona fide 5* start resort elsewhere just before staying at the PBR. After the novelty wore off I felt a tad constrained by it's formality, perfection and the intensity of having staff (lovely though they were) so attentive to me. By comparison the Paris Beach Resort was a breath of fresh chilled out air and the place I finally began to relax on my trip - and to me that's what a beach resort is all about.

Room Tip: The VIP balcony oom overlooking the beach is huge with seating area inside the room, TV, fridge and aircon. It's brand new and stylishly decorated.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo