Paris Beach Village Phu Quoc
$146
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Phu Son Village Resort(Duong To)(Great Value!)
$40
$26
Very Good 4/5
Phu Quoc Valley Resort(Duong To)(Great Value!)
$68
    Gecko House(Duong To)
    Good 3.5/5
      No availability for your dates from our partners
      Excellent 5/5
      All reviewsphu quocvip roomfew beerscool waterdirt trackthe water's edgecleaned dailynice swimming poolnon stoptables and chairsbuffet breakfastother resortsrecommend this resortlittle thingsseafoodnight marketsea view
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed January 8, 2013

Booked few days in December mainly due to the quite a few good reviews and the location. Ok rooms are basic but clean and comfortable and towels do get changed every day and linen too but experience did not live to our expectations especially as we stayed there after spending few lush days in Cassia Cottage down the road. The beach is pretty much non-existent and sunny in the afternoons only. Sea is coming up even under the loungers which they have placed outside the hotel. I think honestly this place is only hotel on the whole Long beach with no actual beach in front of it. This hotel is in need of major upgrade, repainting, it is very shabby in places, almost crumbling away in areas. For the price of 85 dollars per night you can get a better accommodation on this beach, for example next door to Paris is great little gem Beach Club which charges around 40 dollars and has nice bar and loungers plus couple of really cool beach bungalows on either side of the bar/reception area, the rest of them are just few meters behind still with sea views. Breakfast in Paris is basic at the most. Friendly accommodating owner but they may need to consider to do some work on this place in order to compete with the emerging new places which are being built in this area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
      3  Thank NatBedenik
      Reviewed January 7, 2013

Reviews are difficult but they are subjective and that's where the problem can occur.

Phu Quoc is a relaxed and pretty quite island but I fear this won't be the case in 12-18 months.

A new international airport was delivered on Dec 2012 and with it is coming an alarming number of Russian tourists, which is also the case particularly in Nha Trang. This is not a positive as everyone, including the locals will tell you. They are unbelievable rude, arrogant and totally dismissive of other cultures with absolutely no social skills to boot.

Nevertheless Paris Beach is a low cost, pretty simple resort. By Phu Quoc current standard it's about par. Looking tired and in need of a touch-up. Having said that, the slightly expensive food and rustic veranda is a beautiful little spot to enjoy a beer or wine and some excellent cuisine while gently rubbing your feet in the sand. The rooms are simple, and clean which I think go for about $25-35 US per (Or $23-33 AUS :)). I paid $60 as I was hooked by an agency in Saigon.

The charm of this place is the relaxing atmosphere and the wonderful spirit of the fantastic staff in the kitchen and reception. Ha is a nice host with good English. But Ha could do better by removing the Frenchmen from the payroll and giving those funds to her excellent crew. He does Zip! He provides no value.
      The beach front is small but I quite like the fact that the sea basically laps at your sunlounge. This is a good quality. I understand why they built so close to the water. The terrace is also fantastic.
      Long Beach is exactly that. The action is around the Night Market approx 5 km away and the few bars are appox 3-4 km from the Hotel. If you’re looking for the some beach bar action check out Allure Bar on the beach. Best spot for a small but cruiser beach party. Bare feet required!

As for Paris Beach, it does the job. Good value for money, but don't expect 5 star as some have expressed. It's a 2.5 - 3 star judging by its competition. I’d return, but if I was being honesty if you’re looking for a “Resort”, a pool should be included…..As would additional costs.
      Average to good experience.

Room Tip: There is not much difference in the superior rooms. I stayed in basic bungalows and the superior. In essence they are the same except the superior are closer to the beach. Note: None are on the beach! The difference is 20-30 meters.
      • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
      1  Thank Andrew M
      Reviewed January 6, 2013

I wanted to go to Phu Quoc to relax in a nice beachside bungalow for a couple of days and treat myself after travelling solo and on the cheap for a while. I looked around online and this place had pretty good reviews so, while it was on the more pricey side, I decided to give it a go for 2 nights and extend my stay if I liked it. I arrived and got shown to my 'seaside bungalow', which was no more than a room right next to the restaurant, which had some old plastic chairs out the front, and inside the room was pretty underwhelming and dark and gloomy, with a very small, old and worn out bathroom. I'm not normally fussy about these things, but when i've paid over $50 a night for somewhere in a country where I can get decent accommodation for $6, I expect something a little better than what I got. The air-conditioning was nice, and the breakfast in the morning wasn't too bad, and the woman who owns the place is quite friendly, but overall I wasn't too happy with it and definitely wouldn't recommend it or go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
      19  Thank Tessa H
      Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had a lovely stay in the resort, the restaurant has very good food and even better service the breakfast buffet is excellent. There are a few little things that you can complain about, sometimes the dogs are barking and the beech I front of the hotel is a little slim so it can be a little awkward to lie in the sun chairs.
      Some of the staff feels like they are new but the are eager to learn and now that I am home I find myself missing the lovely people who work in the resort.

Ps. Ha tell your staff hello from me // David ds.

• Stayed: December 2012
      1  Thank Johansso
      Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at Paris Beach Resort for nine days in the end of August and the beginning of September 2012. Usually we have a rest at tropical marine countries one time a year and this year it was the rains season. But in spite of it we think that it was our best holidays for the last few years. The reason of it is because of the friendly stuff and the disposition of the hotel directly ashore. It is not the place for noisy resting but the wonderful family holidays. Usually my wife and I have too small time to spend a time together. We live with my wife for about 30 years but only at such places we can be all the days long together.
      Kindly staff not only provides us with a relaxing holiday, but also provides a motorbike to explore the beautiful island Phu Quoc. Of particular note is the excellent cuisine at the hotel. Apart from the main menu, the staff can always cook meals on request. All products are delivered directly from the market and seafood and fresh fruits are especially good. I`d like to thank Hà and Christian for our rest.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple