“Don't go”

Ristorante Il Melangolo
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Saturnia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Busan, South Korea
“Don't go”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Just been there! Our hotel guy suggested it because we would have a discount! The discount evaded up being of 1 euro... Wow! Incredible! :/

The food was mediocre, I'm in a Tuscany tour since 10 days, and I'm Italian so I'm familiar with this type of food... Not a great quality!

The service was so slow, took 2 hours to have some pasta and a desert! Not coming again!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Debbie1990nau

Marrakech, Morocco
“Wonderful time and great food!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My friend and I came across this restaurant from a suggestion by the owners of the hotel we were staying in. I am so glad that we did. We went there both nights for dinner. We had great steaks the first night and the following evening we had a pizza, that was just wonderful. The one thing that I kept the same both evenings was the ricotta and chocolate desert!

• Visited March 2013
Australia
“Good service but a little pricey”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Food was fresh. Decor needs an update. Busy place.
Our waitress was helpful and friendly but food took a while to arrive. The menu was quite interesting but the final bill didn't reflect the OK quality of the meal.

Visited October 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
“Jane & Peter from Switzerland”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We travelled to Saturnia because of the hot springs.
Looking for a lunch place,the garden of Il MELANGOLO looked inviting and we had a delicious meal including a pasta with fresh mushrooms from the region.
The highlight was the cace called "mele & pere torta"or similar.
We are usualy not very keen of the desserts but in this case we ordered it twice and are still dreaming about.
After the meal we had a good chat with the personel who are very friendly like the people of Italy are.
Since I(Peter)are born in Austria I say it with Arni's words"I(we)will be back ,baby".
Next year.

• Visited October 2012
Flemington, NJ
“We Liked it So Much We Ate There Three Times”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husgand and I were travelling through Italy and happened to stumble upon the lovely town of Saturnia. Our first lunch was at Ristorante il Melangolo. We had the best ribolita soup for lunch. It was very different from others that we had eaten, and it was delicious. We enjoyed our meal so much that we went back for dinner that same night. We also went back for our 25th wedding anniversary dinner. We do not eat meat (other than occasional fish) or dairy. We were able to find contorni options that were not made with butter. Every meal was delicious, but more importantly the service was wonderful. Alex was a delight. He was very personable. We even took some photos with him. I would recommend trying the restaurant if you visit Saturnia.

• Visited October 2012