“Beautiful place ”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

We first visited in April 2014 -an exceptional restaurant which provided one of the best evening dining experiences of our lives.

From the moment we arrived and were invited to select our wine from the unpretentious cellar room next door, it was a joy to be there.

A kilo of succulent steak between us, on the bone, a fine Chianti and much more besides ... All in the lovely cave-like dining area, with open fire and polite, attentive service.

You get the sense in this restaurant that you are truly partaking in the fruits of this beautiful region, fresh and abundant.

This is the jewel in Saturnia's crown and a special, romantic little place.

One day soon, we shall return!

Date of visit: April 2016
Nicola S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Ristorante I Due Cippi, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2016

Dear guests from London,
thank you so much for coming again to our restaurant and for sharing with us this incredible review, full of compliments.
We are delighted to read that we were able, as in the past, to exceed your expectations with all the tasty and high quality dishes you tried and with our wines.
We really hope to welcome you back soon, to taste other new specialties from our region.

Due Cippi Restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

Great Wine, service, food, location, surroundings and local produce. What more could you ask for? Me and Michael have eaten in some of the finest restaurants around the world and a lot of hidden gem family run places which are usually the best sort! This place has it all! The family run charm but the presentation of Nobu, the warm welcoming service and flavours of chequers. Outstanding! I recommend the pigeon!

Date of visit: June 2016
Nicola S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Ristorante I Due Cippi, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2016

Dear Adriana,
thank you for so much for coming to our restaurant and for sharing with us this wonderful review.
We are delighted to read that we were able to exceed your expectations with the quality all the dishes you tried, with the wine and with a kind and helpful service.
We really hope to welcome you back soon during your next trip In Italy!

Reviewed May 26, 2016

We were looking for a nice place to dine and a nearby restaurant that was booked up recommended I due Cippi. They took us without a reservation and seated us opposite the glass walled grill near the front of the restaurant. It was like a show and a meal watching the different meats being prepared and grilled. My husband ordered the crisp pork, which he enjoyed. I had a small bite and the skin was nice and crispy, the flesh was juicy but surprisingly very gamey and, I hate to say, reminded me of the smell of barn. It also could have used just a touch more sauce. I ordered the veal cheeks and was very happy I did. There was a dark rich sauce and the veal was so tender it just melted in your mouth. The service was friendly and at a good pace. Not too slow but didn't feel rushed either. Overall, we had a pleasant experience and was one of my more memorable meals in our 2 weeks in Italy.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank WLSToronto
Nicola S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Ristorante I Due Cippi, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2016

Dear guests from Toronto,
thank you so much for coming to our restaurant and for sharing with us this Amazing review.
We are delighted to read that we were able to fully exceed your expectations with the quality of our dishes and with a friendly service.
Thanks again for all the appreciations, we really hope to welcome you back soon during your next journey in Italy.

Reviewed February 28, 2016

We had dined here 3 years earlier and regretted not having the bistecca after seeing how proud Michele the proprietor was of his offerings. It seemed that everyone was ordering it except us.

Came back almost 3 years to the day later to find that Michele and Bianca had retired and left the restaurant to their two sons.

We had the bistecca one day which was good but not outstanding. The other dishes that we had were quite impressionable so we came back the next evening to dine on non-bistecca offerings. The quality of that in November 2012 was very good but I have to say that now, the non-bistecca offerings are much much better than in 2012 and better than the bistecca, an it was borne out by the fact that the other clients, all Italian and apparently repeat customers, were also ordering it.

Would highly recommend it as a destination restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2015
Nicola S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Ristorante I Due Cippi, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2016

Dear guests,
thank you for coming again to our restaurant and for sharing with us this nice review.
We are delighted to read that we were able, as in the past, to exceed your expectations with all the dishes you tried.
We prepare them with a lot of passion using high quality ingredients.
We really hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2015 via mobile

Really good restaurant with excellent quality dishes. Warm ambience. Relaxing evening. Very kind staff. And a huge amount of wines ;) I advise!

Date of visit: November 2015