“Could not be better”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of I due Cippi

I due Cippi
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Saturnia
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ancona
“Could not be better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Fantastic eating experience, we are not big fun of restaurants, our home is by far the best place we know, but "I due cippi" is worth the trip to Saturnia. The quality of the ingredients is superb, the best of the best local products, the cook is a master and all the staff very friendly and highly competent, a truly flash back to grandmother cousin! Don't expect any fancy experience, this is a tradition restaurant, anything from roasted potato to Fiorentina steak to season soap and chestnut ravioli are just magnificent experiences. As a tea-total I cannot say about the wine selection but glancing through the list is looks up to your best expectation for such a place. The home made ice cream and apple tart was an outstanding end to this fantastic eating experience. We have been there in the end of December and the place a just slightly cold for our taste, I sure that in summer wold me even more pleasant.

• Visited December 2013

MILANO
“A foodie gem in Saturnia. Net net, anyone who appreciates food will thoroughly enjoy this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Let me start by saying this: The best Chianina Meat I've ever eaten came from this restaurant. A recent dinner at I due Cippi was one of my favorite meals in a long time. The menu is surprisingly sophisticated and the food more than delivers.
Service is really attentive and The owner personally came by to strike up a conversation with us which I thought was a nice touch. Net net, anyone who appreciates food will thoroughly enjoy this restaurant, so go try it out! The space is minimal yet very warm.

• Visited December 2013
Gdansk
“Evening outdoor dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Last evening in Italy we spent in I due Cippi. Nice restaurant, a bit overpriced. Good local food and excellent wine. Crowded outdoor seats, but it shows the quality of restaurant, doesn't it?

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great food & lovely atmosphere in sleepy Saturnia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a leisurely late Sunday lunch here. It sits on edge of a lovely town square - Saturnia - outside tables sheltered by large umbrellas creates a cozy feel as you squeeze in with locals.

Food was great - started with Aubergine & fennel souffles, then Tortellini with fresh basil & tomatoes, tasty wild boar & olives next, finishing off with some lovely chocolate cake with a marscapone cream filling - quite savoury & not as rich as it sounds! Wine list was extensive with some great local wines well under 20Euros. We did not hold back & four courses with wine/water/coffee/cover charge etc was around 130Euros.

A clearly classy (not snobby) restaurant you can happily enjoy even if dressed quite casually...though I expect its worth smartening up for on a weekend dinner when hungry diners head in from Roma, Pisa & Firenza to sample their cuisine! Hoping to head back soon...writing this has made me hungry :-)

Visited September 2013
Rome, Italy
“Excellent food, levely atmosphere... Just a little bit more welcoming will be nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

In the main square, an absolutely lovely, charming and cozy atmosphere...

Food was excellent: home made pasta with guinea fowl and corgettes, veal and a marvelous ricotta cherse and chantilly custard dessert. Superb!

It was a very busy night, but I have asked twice what you can suggest me and the answer was "I can not suggest you is up to you". If they were judt a little bit more welcoming, it woul hve been a perfect dinner.

Price are in line with quality, i think they are fair, however be aware they are a little bit on the high side.

• Visited August 2013