“A memorable meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of I due Cippi

I due Cippi
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Saturnia
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“A memorable meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stopped in Saturnia for lunch on the way through to the hot springs and found this restaurant in a strip of three establishments along one side of the piazza. It seems the same family own all three - the restaurant, a cafe and fabulous shop selling all kinds of culinary goodies. The cafe was full so we decided to eat in the restaurant. Being a weekday lunchtime it was not busy. We sat on the outside terrace. We had a salad for entree which surprisingly was constructed at our table by our waiter! Although a simple salad the theatrics of the preparation, the beautiful setting and a very nice wine made it something special. For main course I had the Pappardelle al Cinghiale (wild boar) which is a speciality of the region. It was simply superb. The best dish (seriously) that I had in the whole of our time in Italy (which included Venice, the Amalfi Coast and Rome).
A good lunch in a peaceful location on a warm afternoon, gentle breeze, crisp white tablecloths, attentive service, good wine and excellent food - just what you hope to find when you come to this part of the world. We found it at I due Cippi.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank PapaStefano

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice atmosphere, adequate food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed in the direct neighbourhood of Saturnia last month and spend an evening on the very nice terrace of I due Cippi. The atmosphere is lovely, the staff is ok, though doesn't go the extra mile in terms of service and the food is adequate but on the expensive side. We enjoyed the primi, but the porc house specialty was really too crude for the pricing.
Still we enjoyed our meal and would probably come again if staying in the vicinity.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rodnet
New Lenox, IL
“One of the best meals we had on our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We loved this restaurant. It sits near the middle of the square, with crisp table clothes, a perfect view to people watch and wonderful service and food. It was one of our best meals in Italy. The house wine was great, don't even remember what I ate, I do remember feeling like I wanted to stay forever. If your in the area, it's worth a stop.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Susanilz5
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fine meal in a beautiful setting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

I'm writing this because there don't seem to be many (if any) other reviews in English, and I wouldn't want other foreigners to miss this lovely place. I Due Cippi was recommended by a couple of American friends, and we were not disappointed. We sat in their outside dining patio overlooking the very beautiful central square of Saturnia. The waiter was pleasant and very helpful. We enjoyed all of our dishes, starting with an antipasto combining local sausage with tomato bruschetta and asparagus and a lamb prosciutto. As is often the case, the primi stood out most. I had Paccheri di Gragnano ripieni di carne chianina e gratinati al forno (fabulous!), and my husband had Lasagna croccante con salsiccia. For the second course, I had lamb stew and he had cinghiale, both very good. The waiter helped us choose a tasty local red wine (whose name we unfortunately can't remember) for about 22 euros. The dinner total was about normal for a good restaurant meal in Italy. For dessert, we walked across the piazza for a decent gelato. All in all, a memorably good experience, which we would recommend without hesitation.

• Visited September 2011
Stavanger
“Excellent food - so-so service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

This restaurant serves high quality food in a great setting on the main piazza in Saturnia. The food was simple and great tasting, especially the starter that turned out to be the food-highlight of our vacation in Tuscany. Prices are a little bit higher than most other places but if you are prepared to pay a little extra for quality food you wont be disapointed. The only downside to our experience was that it took 50 min from the time that we asked for the bill to the time we left the restaurant, this was despite asking three different people, among them the owner, for the check. But I'm sure we where only a bit unlucky since the rest of the service was good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles