“Perfect SPA”
Review of Hotel Aphrodite

Hotel Aphrodite
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rajecke Teplice
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Perfect Spa area , perfect swiming pools - especially new onces and massage center.
Unfortunatelly Thai massage are worse as it was two years ago would expect better quality from Thai people - this level has bad impact to general impresion of Aphrodite.
Main minus is Aphrodite restaurant - people are very kind and trying to be helpful but the food is far away from EU standards- small selection of food, preparation of food wish sth more than just boil it... ,

Room Tip: main building rooms are quieter , especially apartments , standard rooms are very small but made in...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Aphrodite

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I visit frequently various spa and wellness places in Slovakia,Aphrodite I visit maybe 5 times a year.This weekend I was in Afrodita again and I have to say it seems to me that service improved a lot.Overall the rooms are not luxury, they are rather small, but clean and since most of the time we spend in wellness area, we do not mind this. Also we prefer not to book here dinners, as there are plenty of restaurants and places to eat in Teplice and we like to choose the variety ourselves.This weekend I tried first time romantic lava stone massage,which I can really recommend.Also the outside pools opened this weekend,which made the inside pools not so crowded as usually.But as there are many visitors from outside visiting the wellness here, there are certain times, when all saunas and pools are full and we usually wait until people go for dinner and then come to wellness world. Luckily it is open till 11 pm on weekend!:)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mariska884
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We didn't expect much when we booked this hotel, since the service in Slovakia is rather of a bad quality. But we were really very nicely surprised! The hotel was nice, we had an apartment since all rooms were already occupied. The apartment was very spacious and very nice, we didn't miss anything. It's a quiet location, we didn't hear any noise from outside - only the neighbours from time to time. But we slept well. The food was very good, plenty to choose from and - which we really appreciated - the staff frequently added new portions in case it got eaten out.
The service was friendly, we didn't spot any unfriendliness from any of the staff. The treatments were very relaxing, the bath, spa and the fitness area is nice, but it was quite crowded when we were there. I can imagine that during a work week, when only the hotel quests occupy the spa, there is enough room. But we stayed there over the weekend and obviously, also outside guests visit it during the weekends (for example citizens from Zilina). So it got really crowded (even at 10 am already) and in the afternoon, they even didn't let any more guests in, since the spa reached its limits. So that was a bit frustrating. Also, with that many guests, our spa treatments got mixed up a few times, we waited and nobody took us, etc. but it always got cleared in the end.
Overall, we spent a very relaxing weekend in lovely surrounding, with excellent treatments (we even used the hair stylist and cosmetics - fair prices, good results), great food and friednly staff. I can only recommend this to anyone else - but try to avoid weekends if possible.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2010

It’s the third time I stayed in the Spa Aphrodite- this time in Villa Flora. The rooms in Villa Flora are very spacious and the accommodation is located only 2 min. walk across the road from the Spa. The rooms were very clean (cleaned daily) and there was a big ball of fresh fruit on the table. The place itself is surrounded by beautiful scenery, mountains and parks. Rajeckie Teplice is a beautiful village located in the valley with a number of restaurants, few small shops and a supermarket. What I like about this place is that it’s not very popular with tourists, and it’s one of the places where you can completely relax. Just across the road from the Spa there is small Tourist Information where you can rent a bike (only few Euros for an hour) and find out everything you need to know about the area. The spa facilities are exceptional and offer a very good value for money. I’ve had a number of treatments and they were all excellent. All the staff was very professional and helpful at all times. They went out of their way to make our stay unforgettable and enjoyable. If you are group of friends it’s worth contacting Jana Kluchova ( jana.kluchova@spa.sk), who is one of the managers of the Spa, who I’m sure will be more than happy to help you organise your trip. She has arranged a pick up and drop off from/to the airport, booked a table in a lovely restaurant located on the small lake-Rajecka Basta where we enjoyed live music and delicious food. She has organised a trip to local attractions and was always there for us whenever we had any questions. If you are into skiing only few minutes away there are a number of inexpensive resorts where you can enjoy it during the day and then come back in the evening to relax in the thermal waters of the Aphrodite Spa.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank polipi17
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I stayed at the Aphrodite Spa with a group of friends in October 2010 and cannot fault it. I shared a suite with a friend and we simply loved our rooms. I would thoroughly recommend spending that little bit more to book a suite, if you can. The hotel is spotless, both in the reception areas and in the room and the service was great. The water world and sauna world areas are fantastic, wonderfully relaxing and again, very clean and tidy. We were witness to regular but discreet cleaning of all areas of the hotel and spa on a daily basis, the staff were friendly and helpful. The food was good for the price and the breakfast catered for pretty much every taste. The bar and cafe were very well stocked, the service attentive and although every now and then there was a language barrier, whenever I asked for something, it was attended to very quickly.

As for the treatments, I had a honey massage, a anti-stress facial and a chocolate massage and I can honestly say, as a patron of many spas and treatments over the years, these were the best that I have ever had. I have never felt so relaxed.

I would definitely recommend the Aphrodite Spa to any of my friends and will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I went with a group of my friends and we had such a brilliant holiday. The staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. I will definately be going back and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rafiki_10
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I am visitting hotel and SPA Aphrodite appx. 5 times a year and my oppinion is that this hotel has the best location, services and spa in whole Slovakia .
Not just for couples, but also for families with children..
There are many opportunities to do any sports you can imagine ( indoor / outdoor)..This locatoin is perfect for hicking and mountainbiking too.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 19 in Rajecke Teplice
Penzion Talisman
Penzion Talisman
#14 of 19 in Rajecke Teplice

Been to Hotel Aphrodite? Share your experiences!