Set against the backdrop of the Alps this hotel is truly a wonderful experience. The rooms are spacious, clean and cosy. Each has a balcony, mine was overlooking the Alps, I woke up each morning to that wonderful view, fresh air and the sound of cowbells, quite enchanting. The hotel boasts a spa, sport facilities and a mini shopping mall in the basement where you can purchase designer clothing and luxury goods. The one thing that has stuck in my mind is the quality of the food and the knowledge of the staff. The hotel boasts several restaurants and the food is outstanding. Nothing is too much trouble. I ate one of the best steaks I have ever tasted here. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury with warms & tradition A wonderfully friendly family ambiance coupled with first-rate service. Comprising the ultimate in luxury, the resort combines exclusivity with warmth and harmony. Make holiday dreams come true at Allgäu’s five-star Resort Sonnenalp where steadfastness and tradition meet the 21st century. The Sonnenalp treats each and every guest like royalty which is probably why eighty percent of visitors to this five-star resort in the heart of the Allgäu come back time and time again. Whilst offering a fabulous range of things to do our Alpine hotel exudes homely charm full of warmth and cosiness. World-class wellness and golf and creative star-rated cuisine combine with a range of family fun second to none. Set amidst the most picturesque landscape at the foot of the Allgäu Alps, the Sonnenalp is an all-year-round destination that will delight gourmets one and all. We look forward to warmly welcoming you to our hotel. The Fäßler family ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sonnenalp Hotel And Resort
- Sonnenalp Hotel Ofterschwang
- Sonnenalp Resort Germany/Ofterschwang