We are just back from a weekend to Ayii Anargyri hotel with mixed feelings.
The location is perfect, the hotel per se is very charming and the smell from the fresh herbs in the garden is amazing.
However i think that this is not the hotel to go to with a group of friends as we did. This is an ideal hotel for relaxation and tranquility. If you are interested in a weekend away for some fun with a group of friends, this is not the hotel for you. You will be shushed repeatedly, If you are interested for a weekend away with your significant other or even solo then this would be ideal.
The actual hotel and spa buildings are very charming, stone and wood, traditional features very easy on the eye. The rooms were beautiful, especially the bathrooms. However, this is probably the first hotel i have visited with no mini bar or fridge. No coffee making facilities in the room either.
Breakfast was rather limited compared to other hotels of this caliber but nevertheless tasty. Service was good and staff were very friendly.
The spa treatments were good but the indoor pool was freezing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a dream – a dream that unfolded in 1983. We cordially invite you to steep yourself within a vision that will bring relaxation, health, well-being and no little luxury. In the spring of 2009 Ayii Anargyri Spa resort opened its doors and present the world with a sublime experience. Set in a valley of mature trees, the resort offers a unique retreat, a place of profound calm and the opportunity to enjoy the health-giving waters which have benefited visitors for so many years. This boutique hotel with accommodation for 150 guests in Suites or Classic rooms, has dedicated spa facilities in the grounds, a generous swimming pool and conference facilities for 50 people. Cuisine from locally grown produce will reveal all that is best in traditional Cypriot fare – food that is garden fresh, nutritious, flavorsome. The hotel provides the means to benefit from the time-tested remedies of the mineral rich waters which flow here – but there is so much more. An abundance of scenic attractions will delight any nature lover. Also outdoor pursuits like cycling, walking and bird watching are just a few other possibilities to make your stay a tonic for body and mind. History of healing: The Spa was first formally opened in 1649 by two brothers, Cosmas and Damianos. Their generosity in offering treatment often without thought of reward gave rise to the name Anargyri – without silver. They became known and loved locally for their selfless acts and affectionately known as saints. In the 19th century the waters were properly analyzed and did indeed contain health-giving minerals. Now the new luxury spa will offer a variety of treatment rooms and therapies many involving the sulphur water which rises naturally nearby in this tranquil setting. Ayii Anargyri has something unique. From the Cyprus hillside, a mineral-rich spring carries the soothing waters renowned for generations for their healing qualities. This remarkable stream has been channeled to the new spa where it is combined in numerous treatments now advanced by modern science. The waters are beneficial for joint or muscle discomfort and some circulatory problems. The therapies are natural and non invasive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ayii Anargyri Natural Healing Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayii Anargyri Natural Healing Hotel Miliou
- Ayii Anargyri Natural Healing Spa Cyprus/Miliou