A wonderful hotel with a 20 metre pool, set in a quiet valley away f rom the main road. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Amazing breakfasts, and the pool bar meals during the day were reasonable value, but unfortunately the dinners were exhorbitantly expensive. Most guests would eat in the restaurant on their first evening and then look for other places to eat for the rest of their stay, which was a shame as the food was good quality, and to eat anywhere else necessitated a 20 minute drive to Kathikas or Polis.
With one exception however : the Pangratios Taverna in Miliou village, a 10 minute walk up the hill. This family-run taverna served the most amazing meze amongst other dishes of local produce, all cooked to Grandma's wonderful recipes. Very good value, excellent quality food and house wine and a very friendly atmosphere, much frequented by locals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a dream – a dream that unfolded in 1983. We cordially invite you to steep yourself within a vision that will bring relaxation, health, well-being and no little luxury. In the spring of 2009 Ayii Anargyri Spa resort opened its doors and present the world with a sublime experience. Set in a valley of mature trees, the resort offers a unique retreat, a place of profound calm and the opportunity to enjoy the health-giving waters which have benefited visitors for so many years. This boutique hotel with accommodation for 150 guests in Suites or Classic rooms, has dedicated spa facilities in the grounds, a generous swimming pool and conference facilities for 50 people. Cuisine from locally grown produce will reveal all that is best in traditional Cypriot fare – food that is garden fresh, nutritious, flavorsome. The hotel provides the means to benefit from the time-tested remedies of the mineral rich waters which flow here – but there is so much more. An abundance of scenic attractions will delight any nature lover. Also outdoor pursuits like cycling, walking and bird watching are just a few other possibilities to make your stay a tonic for body and mind. History of healing: The Spa was first formally opened in 1649 by two brothers, Cosmas and Damianos. Their generosity in offering treatment often without thought of reward gave rise to the name Anargyri – without silver. They became known and loved locally for their selfless acts and affectionately known as saints. In the 19th century the waters were properly analyzed and did indeed contain health-giving minerals. Now the new luxury spa will offer a variety of treatment rooms and therapies many involving the sulphur water which rises naturally nearby in this tranquil setting. Ayii Anargyri has something unique. From the Cyprus hillside, a mineral-rich spring carries the soothing waters renowned for generations for their healing qualities. This remarkable stream has been channeled to the new spa where it is combined in numerous treatments now advanced by modern science. The waters are beneficial for joint or muscle discomfort and some circulatory problems. The therapies are natural and non invasive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ayii Anargyri Natural Healing Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayii Anargyri Natural Healing Hotel Miliou
- Ayii Anargyri Natural Healing Spa Cyprus/Miliou