“Take-away is better”
Review of Asian Palm

Asian Palm
Reserve with OpenTable
Asian Palm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Porters
Cuisines: Asian
Barbados
“Take-away is better”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Recently ordered take-out of Roast Pork, Thai Basil Sauce with Chicken and Steam Rice. The food was good, the service was not. My name or number was not taken when I placed the order. The person who brought out the food out of the kitchen also dealt with the payment...the only words spoken were by me. I have been ordering take-out from Asian Palm for about 10 years, while I still enjoy the food the service and atmosphere needs improvement.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank 2Marvalous

Manchester, England, Uk.
“Could be so much better.”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

This part of Barbados is lacking in Asian restaurants & it's a shame the owners of this establishment aren't doing a great deal to promote Asian, & more significantly Thai food properly. I ate with a friend on the 3rd Feb 2014. We waited for a few minutes before anyone attended to show us to a table. There was just one other table occupied. The guy who I think owns the place as pleasant as he may be appeared to do all the serving, waiting and possibly even cooking. For starters I had chewy tasteless Thai fish cakes. For my main I had phad Thai - it was nice, not the best I've had but alright. My friend's order came out wrong and we were still waiting for the right order by the time I finished my main. In the end we decided to cancel my friends main, pay & leave. I did complain to one apathetic looking waitress - the owner didn't have the decency to come & apologise & on top of that put a service charge on the bill - the cheek. I refused to pay the service charge. I know we're in the Caribbean & it's more relaxed - but in my book that's no excuse for sloppy service - I am a paying customer. Thai food is supposed to be fresh & quick. It was certainly not the latter. If the service was better, I could somewhat forgive the waiting. It could be a lot better. If you decide to eat here, perhaps a take-away would be more sensible.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank worldtraveltoday
“Vile!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This has to be the worst meal I've ever had.. And when the bathroom was to be asked to be used a cockroach was in the toilet.. Chef vile and sweating all over the food.. And when complained he just out his hand in my face and walked away... Expect to be ill if you go here...

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Djjordan11
Holetown, Barbados
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dont Do It !!!!!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

After visiting asian palm for a takeaway as we have done on previous hoidays to Barbados and found it not too bad but not brilliant either we expected to get a half decent meal instaed we got over priced crap which ended up in the bin we will not be going again so our advice dont waste your time or your money we found GOOD CHOICE chinese resteraunt situated at golden view apartments to be far superior

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Beechy1311
Holetown
“They should be shut down!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am shocked that persons actually rated this place as good! My husband and I grabbed what was supposed to be a quick lunch. He was on his lunch break so we had about 45 mins. We arrived at the restaurant within 10 minutes of them being opened; 12 noon this was and an Asian woman ushered us in. She handed us a menu and hurried to the back. Looking around, the restaurant is very old and musty. There was a puddle of murky water in a corner under an ancient, much discolored air condition unit. She returned within a few moments and mopped up the puddle. The little 'bar' under the staircase looks rustic........I can tell that the glasses aren't used regularly therefore not washed regularly. They were on a shelf, gathering as much dust as they possibly can. The staircase leads to an are upstairs, but I have no idea what it looks like. Didn't venture upstairs.
We placed our order and was kept waiting for an HOUR! Several persons came in, were served and we were still seated waiting. She kept telling us a "few more minutes." Apparently, persons were calling in their orders and coming to collect; we saw about 3 such orders placed AFTER us and collect BEFORE us. The woman was back and forth and there was a man in the kitchen preparing the meals. They were speaking in their native tongue but it was very obvious to us that they were having an arguement; I felt ashamed for them.
Judging from the front of the restaurant, as much as I would like to see the kitchen, a part of me doesn't want to. It must be as dingy as the rest of that place. Health Inspectors NEED to pay this restaurant a vist. It is very much on the disgusting side.
They have a great location but they're not doing much to help themselves. The food by the way, was average. East Moon Chinese Restaurant has better cuisine. And yes, it's more Chinese than Thai as someone also noted. Do not go to this place. Likely to be sick on your holiday if you eat there. :( Looking back now, I actually can't believe we sat through that and paid for that utter crap! *kicks self*

• Visited October 2012