We decided to visit Barbados for our 5th wedding anniversary and following a recommendation from friends, we decided on the Fairmont. We were not disappointed!! The hotel isn't too large so it has a lovely homely feel to it. On arrival we were greeted with an ice cold towel and a gorgeous rum punch which started the holiday off nicely!! We were on the 2nd floor in the block nearest the reception area. I would say this is the better block to be in as it's just more convenient and prettier surroundings. All rooms have an amazing view of the beautiful beach so you can't go far wrong. We pondered over whether to pay the premium for the ground floor suites and while they look lovely, I don't think it is worth the extra money. All ocean rooms have great balconies with chairs and fully reclining sun beds with amazing views so we certainly didn't feel short changed!
Staff are great - extremely helpful and friendly. They brought a bottle of champagne to our room for our anniversary with a card which all the staff had signed, together with a plate of strawberries dipped in chocolate! Very thoughtful. They bring you cold towels every day and cold smoothies which are lovely touches.
Breakfast was great too and is served until 10.30am so you can relax on your balcony with a coffee rather than having to rush down for an early breakfast.
Take advantage of the free snorkelling with turtles - it's amazing!! We went on the Cool Runnings catamaran which we couldn't fault - it was great fun and a nice number of people. We also did the jeep safari tour which was a great way to see more of the island if you don't hire a car.
Holetown is just a 15/20 min walk from the hotel and has a good supermarket and shops, bars etc. We had a fabulous night at The Golden Anchor which is on the main road into Holetown - if you get chance to go to the reggae night then you must give it a go!! Great way to mix with the locals.
I could write forever about this amazing hotel and island. I think this is the first time we may actually return to the same destination! We're in love with the place!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sought-after Platinum Coast, on a 1/2 mile long beach and 11 acres of lush tropical gardens, you'll fill your sun-kissed days and starlit nights with unforgettable moments. All 72 rooms and suites offer magnificent, unobstructed views of the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Several included services will make your stay even more memorable, including daily afternoon tea, WiFi, fitness room, tennis courts, a freshwater pool, non-motorized water sports, swim with the turtles, a weekly manager's cocktail and garden tours. Indulge your senses with innovative Caribbean-inspired menus at 2 beachfront restaurants. In-room dining available 24-7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Prestigia, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Royal Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Royal Pavilion
- Fairmont St. James
- Barbados Fairmont Hotel
- St. James Fairmont
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados/Saint James Parish