I traveled here with my girlfriend for our summer holiday and we were extremely happy with our choice based on the great deal we got through BA.
The place does have a colonial feel to it which makes it feel slightly dated and it is not your super flash 5 star resort but its lovely nonetheless, great reception on arrival, all the rooms have the most breath taking ocean views, seriously amazing lying on the balcony for sun downers.
Service - always polite and never to much hassle for the most part.
Rooms - spacious, great views, good TV that you can watch from bed. The air-con is good and the bathroom is large with a bath and walk in shower with all the usual nick naks.
Restaurants -The beach/pool restaurant is very good serving the biggest breakfast with largest selection of hot and cold food of all time. They also serve some great cocktails during the evening. The fine dining restaurant suffers partly because of The Cliff, Daphnes, Lone Star, Fish Pot, Mullins and Tides are so close, go to them all!
Location - this wins it, seriously we looked around as we had a car you wont find a better beach in all of Barbados. Perfect, spacious, calm and the sea beautiful with a family of local green turtles there to swim with all day. Plus with the Ramschakle, JuJu's and the Lone star on the beach you have arguably the best value for money restaurant on the island (Lone Star is stunning for dinner) and two great bars. Cant beat it.
Facilities - very good sailing, snorkels, sports bar, tennis gym etc.. it's all there.
We were depressed leaving - says it all - we will go back one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sought-after Platinum Coast, on a 1/2 mile long beach and 11 acres of lush tropical gardens, you'll fill your sun-kissed days and starlit nights with unforgettable moments. All 72 rooms and suites offer magnificent, unobstructed views of the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Several included services will make your stay even more memorable, including daily afternoon tea, WiFi, fitness room, tennis courts, a freshwater pool, non-motorized water sports, swim with the turtles, a weekly manager's cocktail and garden tours. Indulge your senses with innovative Caribbean-inspired menus at 2 beachfront restaurants. In-room dining available 24-7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Royal Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Royal Pavilion
- Fairmont St. James
- Barbados Fairmont Hotel
- St. James Fairmont
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados/Saint James Parish