When you want beautiful beaches, you need to go to the west coast of Barbados. Fairmont Royal Pavilion is a nice size resort with 72 rooms. We really like the new suite on the first floor with direct access to your own little deck and beach right in front of you. No need to pack up and go to the beach because you are on/at the beach. There was also a complimentary service at the airport (part of the suite feature bonus) to get you through custom right away without line up or waiting.
The Fairmont property has a tennis court and a villa in the back, a pool and two restaurants. All rooms are oceanfront right at the beach, which is rare. The entrance road to the property is beautiful and surrounded by tall trees. By the villa and tennis court, there was also a giant mango tree (probably three story high) with hundreds of mango....so watch your head!
Fairmont has lots of water sports to offer, sailing, kayak and paddle boat. We did all many times during our stay and was lots of fun. A very unique part about the hotel is that every day at 3 pm, Kevin or Carl (the Fairmont staff) took guests to walk for 5 minutes to where the turtles are and we swim out to the ocean and Kevin/Carl would start feeding the turtle so that we can touch them and take pictures etc. Kids and adults love that and it is so convenient to Fairmont guests. Many catamarans sailed to the same spot to swim with the turtles so if you are staying at Fairmont, you don't really need to go except if you enjoy the catamaran experience. We did that too and Barbados runs one of the best catamaran experience, nice people and rum punch and food all the way.
Food is very good and up to North American standard. No complains at all but obviously not fancy gastronome cuisine. For that, you need to go to the Cliff or Sandy Lane restaurant.
Overall, a friendly and warm environment and all the staff greeted you by name. We highly recommend this resort for your family vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sought-after Platinum Coast, on a 1/2 mile long beach and 11 acres of lush tropical gardens, you'll fill your sun-kissed days and starlit nights with unforgettable moments. All 72 rooms and suites offer magnificent, unobstructed views of the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Several included services will make your stay even more memorable, including daily afternoon tea, WiFi, fitness room, tennis courts, a freshwater pool, non-motorized water sports, swim with the turtles, a weekly manager's cocktail and garden tours. Indulge your senses with innovative Caribbean-inspired menus at 2 beachfront restaurants. In-room dining available 24-7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Royal Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Royal Pavilion
- Fairmont St. James
- Barbados Fairmont Hotel
- St. James Fairmont
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados/Saint James Parish