These reviews are best done in context so we've previously stayed at Colony Club, Tamarind (2x + 3 days after the stay at the Faimont this year) and Cobblers Cove. Cobblers Cove is our favourite but is now out of our price range. The Fairmont is easily 2nd place. This may be due to the week we were there being really quite so we had vast areas of beach to ourselves and very attentive staff. I cannot comment on what the place would be like if busy but I have no reason to suggest any different.
As with everywhere in Barbados if you make an effort and understand the culture you get so much more back. The staff were fantastic and when you are told by a waitress she has been there for 27 years that speaks volumes, especially given the acquisition by a US chain some years ago. When we arrived we were offered the usual welcome drink and, as usual we refused, on the bsais that after 12 hours travelling we just want a shower and beer. Next thing we are off to our room and a beer followed immediately.
Food great, location great, rooms great, prices on a par with similar properties in Barbados.
Criticisms: I agree with another reviewer here that the beds and parasols were worn but they were being replaced on the day we left. The Sunday BBQ was busy and the grill not exactly efficiently run so it took a long time to get my food. However, I think this only really bothered me because of the contrast with every other meal.
I will definitely return and recommend it highly but please don't go in December as I want to keep the prices down:)
Hope this helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sought-after Platinum Coast, on a 1/2 mile long beach and 11 acres of lush tropical gardens, you'll fill your sun-kissed days and starlit nights with unforgettable moments. All 72 rooms and suites offer magnificent, unobstructed views of the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Several included services will make your stay even more memorable, including daily afternoon tea, WiFi, fitness room, tennis courts, a freshwater pool, non-motorized water sports, swim with the turtles, a weekly manager's cocktail and garden tours. Indulge your senses with innovative Caribbean-inspired menus at 2 beachfront restaurants. In-room dining available 24-7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Prestigia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Royal Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Royal Pavilion
- Fairmont St. James
- Barbados Fairmont Hotel
- St. James Fairmont
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados/Saint James Parish