My wife and I just returned from our 21st trip to the Caribbean. We went from October 18 - 26 and thoroughly enjoyed the experience at the Fairmont. The room (1st floor suite) was terrific...great view, a lot of room, plenty of closet space, excellent service (cleaning, towels, +++ an early evening snack delivered to our room each day).
Upon our arrival in Barbados, the hotel had a representative that expedited our trip through immigration and customs and had our car standing by to drive us to the hotel...the entire time in the airport upon arrival was less that 30 minutes!!!! Make sure to pay for the hotel's transfer service - well worth it!!!
The people from the front desk folks (Tawanda) to our two butlers who took care of everything for us (Dawn & Peter) to the people in both restaurants and the beach attendants - ALL very friendly, professional, and personable.
The food was great - explore a few "other" restaurants (The Cliff and Cin Cin - outstanding)...but the breakfast buffet, the dinner events, manager's cocktail party, all wonderful.
The grounds are beautiful, well maintained, and always being "tended"....
AGAIN - the staff is OUTSTANDING!!!!! - and committed to making sure you stay is perfect.
The only small negatives are:
1. The beach is beautiful but a little narrow - not as expansive as other resorts we've visited (Anguilla, Aruba, Mustique, Antigua,etc.),
2. You are routinely interupted by beach vendors trying to sell you jewelry, art work, boat rides, etc. When you're trying to relax,this can be annoying -but the venddors ARE very friendly and respectful.
ALL-IN-ALL - we would rate this as a 4.75 / 5.00 resort experience. The property manager's take a great interest in their job and their comittment to their guests.
Word of warning - if you want to go to an off-site restaurant or a tour...the taxis seemed very expensive.
This is definately a GO!!! JUST TRYTO AVOID TRAVELLING THROUGH MIAMI - WORST REURNING TRIP EVER....WE HAD 2 1/2 HOUR LAY OVER, BUT DUE TO THE INEFFICIENCIES AT MIAMI - WE GOT TO OUR GATE WITH ONLY 5 MINUTES TO SPARE! THE WORST RUN INTERNATIONAL ARRIVAL TERMINAL I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!
GO TO THE FAIRMONT - felt llike we were leaving friends....just plan around Miami.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sought-after Platinum Coast, on a 1/2 mile long beach and 11 acres of lush tropical gardens, you'll fill your sun-kissed days and starlit nights with unforgettable moments. All 72 rooms and suites offer magnificent, unobstructed views of the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Several included services will make your stay even more memorable, including daily afternoon tea, WiFi, fitness room, tennis courts, a freshwater pool, non-motorized water sports, swim with the turtles, a weekly manager's cocktail and garden tours. Indulge your senses with innovative Caribbean-inspired menus at 2 beachfront restaurants. In-room dining available 24-7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Fairmont Hotels, Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Royal Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Royal Pavilion
- Fairmont St. James
- Barbados Fairmont Hotel
- St. James Fairmont
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados/Saint James Parish