We have just stepped off the plane after a truly amazing 12 nights at the colony club. I have to say we loved every minute of our stay.
Firstly, the staff are a dream team. From the guys at the watersports and the beach guys to the amazing front of house and restaurant team. My two children ( Oliver and Harriet ) were really made a fuss of and were very spoilt by the team. They went to the kids club for two hours in the morning which meant that I could have a lovely relax by the beach or one of the fab pools in the grounds.
Happy hour is from 4 until 6 every afternoon.... If you can last that long before having a fab rum punch or Singapore sling!
The breakfast is GREAT! in fact every meal we had was GREAT!
There was a real mix of people at the hotel. I had read in some reviews that it was geared towards the older crowd .... Not true! I am ( almost) 40 and we have two young kiddies and we met some lovely people of the same age, older and younger.
We were hesitant between the colony club and th taramind ... We chose wisely. It's much nicer ( in my opinion)
It's a short walk into Holetown. If you love shopping, then there is something for everyone ... Gucci, Cartier, vilberquin!!! I was in heaven. There are also some lovely little boutique shops which you won't have to re-mortgage your house in order to buy something!
Two bad points ... And to be honest they are not that bad! You have to get up early and book your water sports got the following day. My husband couldn't get in a few times and it seemed that a few families were booking hours at a time!
Second point, SUNBEDS! In true German fashion you have to set your alarm for 7am and run down to the beach to claim your spot. I was out running each morning so it didn't bother me .....
All in all, an amazing vacation. We love our holidays and certainly love our luxury. This is a great place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An exclusive retreat with elegance and colonial charm." Where old world charm meets new world standards of quality and comfort. The 96-room Colony Club is the Elegant Hotels Group's flagship property in Barbados with lush gardens, healthy dining options, complimentary watersports and fitness classes, organic garden, WiFi, bespoke tours and more. Ideal for couples and honeymooners seeking an exclusive retreat with impeccable service in a stunning location, Colony Club tempts guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Colony Club by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Club Hotel Porters
- Colony Hotel Saint James
- Colony Club Barbados
- Colony Club By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish