The hotel had a lot of what I was looking for: not too big nor too small, a wonderful calm beach, kids friendly but nor specific for children, good food. I was surprised, positively, by the great amount of complimentary water activities as well as of other tours, etc. Rooms were great, they had a kids club, my kid really enjoyed everything. Visuals are very nice too! Kid loved feeding the fishes. A lot of great restaurants nearby.
Negative surprises: I had read several reviews about how everybody in the staff is nice and polite, and while some were indeed and really wanted to help, some were almost rude and not helpful at all. Maybe some guidance and training can help, because this was a problem we met almost everywhere in Barbados, with very few exceptions. Other negative issues: people "reserving" the beach lounges for hours while they go do other stuff. I ended up having to go to a farther pool with my child or sitting far because someone left a book in a chair at 6 am and the chair remained empty in front of me. Not the hotel's fault, of course, but maybe they could adjust the number of chairs and adopt more strict guidelines for using the beach and pool structure.
After all, still think it was the best option for my family, really enjoyed the stay and it was unforgettable for my kid, which was the whole point of the trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An exclusive retreat with elegance and colonial charm." Where old world charm meets new world standards of quality and comfort. The 96-room Colony Club is the Elegant Hotels Group's flagship property in Barbados with lush gardens, healthy dining options, complimentary watersports and fitness classes, organic garden, WiFi, bespoke tours and more. Ideal for couples and honeymooners seeking an exclusive retreat with impeccable service in a stunning location, Colony Club tempts guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Colony Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Club Hotel Porters
- Colony Hotel Saint James
- Colony Club Barbados/Saint James Parish