Been going for years, great location, friendly staff. But - as always, the menu just isn't quite right. They try hard but don't have the skills needed for some dishes, e.g. Carpaccio served as a tiny portion without the essential ingredients of dressing and Parmesan, green thai curry that comes up watery with tasteless rice. The lunches are fine but evening meals not up to standard and expensive. We ate in once this holiday but vowed never to do so again after similar experiences in the past. As for the beach loungers, guests should not be allowed to bag beds at 7.00 a.m. It should be first come first served. The beach is small, so it's always going to be a problem, but all the more irritating when books are left on empty beds for hours. All that said, it is a nice hotel, just want it not to be spoilt with things that can be easily fixed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An exclusive retreat with elegance and colonial charm." Where old world charm meets new world standards of quality and comfort. The 96-room Colony Club is the Elegant Hotels Group's flagship property in Barbados with lush gardens, healthy dining options, complimentary watersports and fitness classes, organic garden, WiFi, bespoke tours and more. Ideal for couples and honeymooners seeking an exclusive retreat with impeccable service in a stunning location, Colony Club tempts guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Colony Club by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Club Hotel Porters
- Colony Hotel Saint James
- Colony Club Barbados
- Colony Club By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish