I was a little apprehensive before I arrived - but what a surprise I had! A covered terrace with sofa and chairs leading to lounge./dining room with sofa, cable TV (some chanels free - other packages have to be paid for). Kitchenette - a cooker, fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster etc etc (who needs to cook when they are living in paradise?) Double bedroom and shower room with large shower. Soap, towels and dishcloth tea cloth provided. Daily maid service and the bed linen and towels changed every 2 days. Air conditioning tokens are paid for in the office - and the air con was essential as it's hot hot hot! Safe also is chargeable, but I felt happier having this facility even though the Barbadians are so friendly and happy. OK It wasn't The Ritz - but the people at the office were wonderful - NOTHING they wouldn't do for you to make your holiday better! Change your money there too - saves queueing at the bank - and they are giving $2 Barbados dollars to one US $ (The bank were giving $1.98). Didn't use the pool as it's undergoing renovation - but when you see the beach opposite the apartments WOW! it's stunning and so beautiful it's hard to drag your eyes away from the sheer beauty of it. You are warned to ensure everything is placed inside at night - there are always one or two bad apples everywhere and one of our divers had his suit stolen because he'd left it hanging on the outside terrace. The large supermarket is so COMPREHENSIVE - don't bother to take anthing! Waitrose products - Duchy of Cornwall biscuits - every cereal - different breads - it's a great place to shop. Essentail you take your sun cream as it is BAKING hot in the sunshine, and it's best to snorkel with a teeshirt on for the first week. Some excellent restauraunts serving top quality food (The Olive Tre, the Elbow Room etc) - and the Piano Bar for a foot stompin great fun night out. Cheaper food can be had a little cafe inside the shopping centre, KFC and a 'Chefette' plus a couple of cafes. Fabulous beach bar opposite the shopping centre which also serves good food - and this bar is on a beautiful beach! I've left part of my heart in Barbados because everyone there wants YOU to have a great holiday. It's a fabulous place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer one bedroom apartments and two and three bedroom villas. We are located in Sunset Crest - in the heart of Holetown, Barbados. Sunset Crest offers affordable accommodation in a unique resort complex that is spread over 130 acres. All units are within walking distance to the beach and private community pool as well as numerous shops, bars, restaurants, banks and a dive shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunset Crest - Rival Enterprises reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Crest - Rival Enterprises Hotel Sunset Crest
- Sunset Crest Barbados
- Sunset Crest Hotel
- Sunset Crest - Rival Enterprises Barbados