We rented a 2 bedroon villa on the Sunset Crest Resort at St James through Rival Enerprises who are situated on Flamboyuant Ave. The Villa itself was very good and we had no problems with it. However the information given by Rival Enterprises was not 100% accurate. They said we could use the Pools at The Europa (correct) and at Golden View (incorrect) we were turned away at the reception the receptionist stating that the agreement with Rival was cancelled back in 2003. The BAKU club is an absolute joke. Fistly it is derelict. It is run down and filthy. The pool is used by the local diving club for practice and is not the cleanest pool I've seen, the few sunloungers are filthy. my family and I just could not use it. The Bar and Snack Bar apparently closed years ago and the famous BAKU nightclub was closed down.
The beach at Baku and nearby beaches (including the public beach at Holetown) are little more than rock formations with little or no sand. I was very disapointed - definately not up to what you would expect from a carribean beach. Our telephones calls to Rival, asking the person who booked us to call and explain the miss info they gave us went unanswered.
If you stay in this area please be aware of the above. Also you will be approached by locals selling all manner of wares! they just will not leave you alone. I would also suggest that young ladies travelling alone should only do so with extreme caution, my own 18 year old daughter was hassled non stop by local lads with their unwanted attention.
I guess thats just Barbados, take or leave it. Personally, i'll leave it next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer one bedroom apartments and two and three bedroom villas. We are located in Sunset Crest - in the heart of Holetown, Barbados. Sunset Crest offers affordable accommodation in a unique resort complex that is spread over 130 acres. All units are within walking distance to the beach and private community pool as well as numerous shops, bars, restaurants, banks and a dive shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunset Crest - Rival Enterprises reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Crest - Rival Enterprises Hotel Sunset Crest
- Sunset Crest Barbados
- Sunset Crest Hotel
- Sunset Crest - Rival Enterprises Barbados