“Loved the Villa but beware of misrep regarding facilities”

Sunset Crest - Rival Enterprises
London England
“Loved the Villa but beware of misrep regarding facilities”
Reviewed October 31, 2005

We rented a 2 bedroon villa on the Sunset Crest Resort at St James through Rival Enerprises who are situated on Flamboyuant Ave. The Villa itself was very good and we had no problems with it. However the information given by Rival Enterprises was not 100% accurate. They said we could use the Pools at The Europa (correct) and at Golden View (incorrect) we were turned away at the reception the receptionist stating that the agreement with Rival was cancelled back in 2003. The BAKU club is an absolute joke. Fistly it is derelict. It is run down and filthy. The pool is used by the local diving club for practice and is not the cleanest pool I've seen, the few sunloungers are filthy. my family and I just could not use it. The Bar and Snack Bar apparently closed years ago and the famous BAKU nightclub was closed down.
The beach at Baku and nearby beaches (including the public beach at Holetown) are little more than rock formations with little or no sand. I was very disapointed - definately not up to what you would expect from a carribean beach. Our telephones calls to Rival, asking the person who booked us to call and explain the miss info they gave us went unanswered.
If you stay in this area please be aware of the above. Also you will be approached by locals selling all manner of wares! they just will not leave you alone. I would also suggest that young ladies travelling alone should only do so with extreme caution, my own 18 year old daughter was hassled non stop by local lads with their unwanted attention.
I guess thats just Barbados, take or leave it. Personally, i'll leave it next time.

• Stayed October 2005
16 Thank Hutch001

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 18, 2004

My wife and I rented a one bedroom condominium in the Sunset Crest area near Holetown. We went in the first two weeks of the "off season" starting on April 16th, 2004. The beaches were wonderful as was the snorkelling and the locals friendly. This Island really does seem to offer a reasonable standard of living to it's population. We travelled extensively by bus which is cheap and efficient though at times a little scary. I mean the traffic, at no time did we feel threatened by the people even after dark and we walked everwhere in the evening around our neighbourhood. The reason I gave this review a low rating is that we had been expecting to make extensive use of the "Baku Beach Club" which looked excellent on the web. We found it very disappointing and did not use it after our first visit. We were told that the photos of it used in the web sites were taken a few years ago so take care not to believe all you see! I enjoyed myself overall but my wife did not. If we had it to do over again we would go a little earlier in the season and spend the extra to have a place right on the beach. Finally, don't forget to take a folding umbrella as rain showers are frequent but warm and of short duration. Our favourite spot was "Mullin's Bay" where one could get beach chairs, booze and food as well as excellent swimming and watersports.

52 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Colony Club by Elegant Hotels
Halcyon Palm
Halcyon Palm
#1 of 4 in Sunset Crest

Been to Sunset Crest - Rival Enterprises? Share your experiences!