The Halcyon Palm and Travellers Palm make up the Palms Resort but are about 5 mins walk apart. We stayed recently at the Halcyon Palm after booking through Virgin and were generally pleased with the accommodation considering the price we paid, approx £24 prpn.
Points to be aware off however are that the room safe is chargeable $2 (USD) per day as is the air conditioning in the bedroom $10 (USD) per day, expensive ! The kitchen area has a ceiling fan (no charge!). The general condition of the apartments is very tired although they are currently carrying out some refurb. but we heard for timeshare ? The town of Holetown, some very nice beaches and a chinese restaurant with a take a way, are a short walk away. If you are on a tight budget you can get very good meals from several 'vans' which park up each day. There was one at the back of the main supermarket car park in holetown which was very good and we paid approx $12 (USD) for 2 meals. The Travellers Palm has a restaurant but it is very limited and we didn't speak to anybody who had used it. Would recommend a car to see the Island but be prepared to get lost ! Any single bus journey was only $1.50 (BBD) and the reggae buses are a must experience.
You can pay almost everywhere with $USD and you will get change in $BBD. We exchanged $USD to $BBD at the Hotel reception where you get a rate of 2 $BBD to the $USD. The WIFI was also chargeable. We paid approx $4 USD for 1 hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halcyon Palms is an intimate collection of 25 One Bedroom units located in the heart of the West Coast. We offer an affordable option for those wanting to experience the famous platinum coast at an affordable rate.Sister hotel to Travellers Palm we can accomodate families, groups or private getaway for couples. Short stroll away from Travellers Palm. Beautiful poolside view from all rooms. An excellent locstion for that deserved restful unforgettable holiday at this charming intimate resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Halcyon Palm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Palm Hotel Sunset Crest
- Halcyon Palm Barbados/Sunset Crest