“We had a BLAST!”

Bodie's School of Surf
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Oistins
More attraction details
Owner description: Completely mobile surf/windsurf school specializing in PRIVATE lessons for individuals, couples, families and small groups of friends. Maximize your potential with the instructors full attention on you and your party - no distractions from strangers! We take you to where the conditions are best and all the lessons are taught by Bodie who is the islands longest serving and most experienced active instructor, with over 20 yrs since he began teaching at the tender age of 13. Large numbers are sacrificed to provide you with a more personal, intimate experience which is all captured on film and emailed to you at no extra cost. Bodie guarantees you will surf/windsurf during your first session.
A TripAdvisor Member
“We had a BLAST!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I am going through withdrawal as I write this email. Last Monday, 4 girl friends and I took a group lesson with Bodie. Only one of us had previous surfing experience. Bodie was very thorough in his dry land demonstration and we practiced the correct technique before jumping in the water. Once in the water all 5 girls were surfing within their first few attempts. Our girlfriend who surfed before in 4 other countries had never had such great teaching and explaination. We all can't wait to go back again and again! Bodie is not only a great instructor but also very funny and pleasant to be around.
Thanks again Bodie!

Visited April 2013
Bodies_SchoolofSurf, Owner at Bodie's School of Surf, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
You are very welcome and thank you for the kind words. I absolutely love what I do and Im glad that was reflected in our session. Although your group of 5 was a lil bigger than i usually take out, it was an absolute pleasure to spend the morn with you girls and be part of such a great experience for you all. Every one of you surfed really well and I hope you will keep going now.
Dont think there is much surf in Canada so start saving those odd cents for the reunion tour next year : ) Thanks again and stay in touch.
Bodie

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Brilliant for Beginners”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'd never surfed before and, like anything you do for the first time, wasn't sure I'd be able to do it. That concern was dashed almost immediately as the the instruction was very clear as well as fun and friendly from the outset. I was able to stand up using Bodie's methods for beginners and it made the morning lesson I had very enjoyable.

As an aside, the location for the lesson was unbelievable with turtles swimming by us on a number of occasions. All in all, one of the highlights of our holiday.

Visited April 2013
Thnx for the review bro and let me assure you that you did more than just stand up ... You took in every detail of my instruction and applied it brilliantly... from the first wave to your last you surfed like a champ so I sincerely hope you keep surfing as you have got a natural talent for it. Stay in touch and good luck with your next big adventure... get some sleep now while you can haha
Barbados, Caribbean
“Fun wave cool awesome nature”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

First bodie introduce the beatiful spot as one of the best beginner place in the world also he present this paradise as his ofice,I have to admit I am jalous. Bodie you are super cool very focus and all of us all beginner succed riding long wave !!! Bodie thanks you my freind for sharing your famely,your freinds,your meals, your time with me .This is for your lovely wife. Jo thanks for every thing you have a wonderful famely i thanks you very mutch for sharing it with me. Love you guys.

London, United Kingdom
“bodie is awesome”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Bodie was the most awesome instructor. Really nice guy and really professional as well. Great teacher and good fun. We could not recommend him enough. We had both had the odd surfing lesson in the UK and had never got anywhere but with him we were up in next to no time.

BC, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“A "Must-Do" while in Barbados”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

What a great experience! We were a group of 4 in our mid-fifties and we ended up having so much fun during our first lesson that we booked a 2nd one. Bodie is a super-friendly and knowledgeable instructor who is patient, gives lots of feedback and just really fun to be around. A huge bonus was the GoPro camera on the board - we ended up with some really fun videos to show our family back at home.
I would absolutely recommend Bodie to anyone wanting to try surfing, no matter what your age or ability.

Visited April 2013
Heyyyy C thank you for the nice review ... you "old timers" rocked lol and were so much fun to teach with the constant banter amongst yourself.... i only hope at the ripe age of 50+ I'm as mobile, competitive and fun loving as you guys are. Cant wait to see you all again next year. Say hi to the others from me and thanks for the "vault"... I use it all the time