“Surfing Lesson”

Bodie's School of Surf
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Oistins
More attraction details
Owner description: Completely mobile surf/windsurf school specializing in PRIVATE lessons for individuals, couples, families and small groups of friends. Maximize your potential with the instructors full attention on you and your party - no distractions from strangers! We take you to where the conditions are best and all the lessons are taught by Bodie who is the islands longest serving and most experienced active instructor, with over 20 yrs since he began teaching at the tender age of 13. Large numbers are sacrificed to provide you with a more personal, intimate experience which is all captured on film and emailed to you at no extra cost. Bodie guarantees you will surf/windsurf during your first session.
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Surfing Lesson”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Bodie is a very great surf instructor. He was very attentive, so that I learned quickly and we had a lot of fun. I can really recommend him.

Visited January 2013

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great surf instruction and fun”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I took my three children, 17, 15 and 11 for a half day surfing with Bodie and we had a fabulous time. He was recommended by a friend who lives on the island (we were visiting on vacation). My kids had never surfed before and he got them all successfully up on the board, surfing and having fun. Bodie was great with my kids, making the outing a real highlight of our vacation. I give Bodie full marks for managing safety. My kids are strong swimmers but there is obviously an element of risk with things like the waves and other surfers. Highly recommend him. He also picked us up from our south coast hotel, which was very handy as we had no transportation.

Visited December 2012
Stoke sub Hamdon, United Kingdom
“Reasonably priced,exceptional teaching!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Before coming to Barbados I checked out a few of the bigger surf school sites, most looked fairly impressive . By the time I got here I was a bit over whelmed with all the different options. I decided to use some local knowledge so asked a guy who has always lived on the island, he recommended Bodie. I'm very grateful for that as not only did he sort me a great price but the level of teaching is outstanding. I have surfed once before in Fuertaventura with a large commercial surf school - I learnt more in 2 hours with Bodie than I did in 3 days there. There were 2 complete novices with me, both were standing within an hour. Very impressed - will definitely be back :-)

Visited December 2012
Stuttgart, Germany
“Keep on surfing :)”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I had a private beginner´s surf lesson with Bodie and am now completely convinced of surfing. He was a great teacher and gave me lots of useful and professional instructions so that I got my very first wave just with the first try. Unfortunately, the conditions were not the best to continue with another lesson, but anyway, I can recommend Bodie´s School of Surf at all. So, thanks again, Bodie! :)
Cheers, Ines

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Teacher of the month of surfing”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Surfing with Bodie was tricky at first as I was scared of the sea monsters coming to get me and the whole idea of the board knocking me out lol !
I'm not sure how he got me in but that just shows how patient he is .
When I finished my lesson I had the biggest smile on my face which he promised it would happen.
It's a awesome sport to learn and now can't want to go surfing with my boyfriend and show my moves :)

Thanks alot bodie .. Lucy lu