“Friendly place to have a drink.”
Review of Sand Dollar Cafe

Sand Dollar Cafe
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were staying at a resort in the St. Lawrence Gap and wanted to explore the area after dinner and have a few drinks. We didn't known where to go but were attracted to the friendly vibe of the Sand Dollar Cafe. There was a small crowd of people there. Some eating and some drinking. It was warm and friendly like a little family. Right away a guy named Jett behind the counter welcomed us so we stayed and had a drink. We met the owner, Ann, who I liked very much. She has a great personality. So did Jett. Fun guy. The drinks were good and Ann even let us try some of her fried fish. It was good and I'm not even a big fish eater. I really appreciated the hospitality of this place. In fact, during our whole trip, Ann and Jett were the nicest Bajans we met. Even nicer than anyone that worked at the resort we stayed at. Stop by and check it out.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

On Father's Day (really night) June 16th, I joined friends at Sand Dollar - one of the many kiosks at Dover Beach (Recreational facility). As one leaves St. Lawrence Gap, it is the kiosk on the right - cannot miss it as it is always surrounded with a good crowd. Why? Because Barbadian Ann Springer runs a tight ship with cold, cold beers (try the new Bajan 'Deputy' larger) and various other alcoholic drinks served up by 'Mouse' who is bigger than a house but sweeter than sugar cake, helped by Bajan beauty 'Kim'. Ann is special. And her cooking is even more so. I am told by all and sundry that everything she offers is made fresh, and is as tasty as can be. I tried a chicken pasta and must say with fresh vegetables, tender pieces of chicken, her own home-made pesto mixed in with heavy cream, over a pasta that was cooked to perfection, I was in pasta heaven. Open day and night, this kiosk is safe and sound - how could it not be with Mouse keeping a stern eye on his customers. So with that in mind and the food served...why not make Ann your stop during your Bajan stay.

2  Thank Rosemary P
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Although I loved the fried flying fish and macaroni pie, being that I don't normally eat fried food nor too many carbs, I went searching for something healthy. I'm so happy I came across the Sand Dollar Cafe and their delicious salads. Mouse made me my first salad and then Anne made me my second. (You have to try their shrimp one!) They make everything exactly as you want. Their sandwiches are great as well.

The food isn't only good, but the service as well! And it's not expensive.

Mouse and Anne are so incredibly friendly as are the locals who stop by for a beer.

I also met so many nice fellow tourists there - including a friendly couple from England as well as one from Australia and a group of guys from England. It's a great place to get something to eat and just meet some great people!

I know that this place is part of the reason I will be returning to Barbados.

Make it one of the "must experience" places when going to Barbados and you won't be disappointed. Hands down infinitely better than the restaurant at my hotel (which was rated the best hotel in Barbados by Trip Advisor. I ate lunch at the hotel the first day I arrived and never ate there again. Not even for breakfast.)

If you do stop by please tell them that Kara from NYC said hello!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great place to chat with locals, food is wonderful. Try the flying fish cutter, or chicken panini and definitely have the salad. All the food we had here was delicious and the service is wonderful. Thanks to Ann and Mouse (Anderson) for their hospitality.
We can't wait to come back.
L&D

1  Thank Lynn155019
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We sat at the counter of this little stall for lunch and a beer. Anne was delightful and went out of her way to cook some veggie food for us.

We had a good chat to Anne and her friends and got lots of tips for our trip.

I really enjoyed having a real coffee here as well.

Just pop by, take your time and have a chat. It's great.

3  Thank BLDN_11