Just back from spending 10 nights in this hotel - I've stayed in 6 or 7 four and five star hotels in the Caribbean and the staff at this hotel leave the competition trailing. Every single member was polite, cheerful and, quite unusually for the Caribbean, speedy with requests. I stayed at the sister hotel Crystal Cove 6 months ago and didn't get nearly the same feel good factor.
The kids club was absolutely excellent and great that you could pop in and out. Staff were motivated and very hands on - again a rarity in some kids clubs ,
The pools were fab - I couldn't swim at all in Crystal Cove's pools because the water was too cold, but here at Turtle Beach, it was perfect. The sea was gorgeously warm and I'm not sure why people comment on the roughness - you only have to do the tiniest research about the island to know that the south west coast hotels all have rough seas.
My teenage son, for whom non stop carbohydrates are pretty essential, was in heaven with the help-your-self all day pizzas and hot dogs - as well as the huge buffets 3 times a day - spot-on Turtle Beach!
We had a garden view suite which was great for a family of four, a bedroom with a separate door for the adults, a bathroom and dressing area in the middle, and a sitting room turned into a bedroom (sofa bed for the teenager, full sized single for the 7year old). Air conditioning worked brilliantly as well.
All in all, it was a fantastic trip and I can't wait to go back. The staff made it easy and impossible to mention anyone by name as everyone from front desk, concierge, housekeeping, water sports, kids club to restaurants needs a clap on the back. Hillary, Mr Smith and Rodney in the restaurant just get the edge for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A vibrant blend of contemporary style and informal elegance." A truly magnificent all-inclusive property of 161 rooms situated on a glorious stretch of the south coast of Barbados. Turtle Beach Resort uniquely combines contemporary style, informal elegance, lively atmosphere and a superb range of facilities suitable for all ages, including a supervised kids Club (for children aged 4-12) setting new standards for all-inclusive holidays to the Caribbean. Complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel Dover
- Turtle Beach Barbados
- Turtle Beach Resort Barbados
- Hotel Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Dover