I came to Turtle Beach with my family and it was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! It was my parent's second trip to Barbados and me and brother's first trip and words can't even describe how great it was. We've been to about 12 islands and I must say Turtle beach ranks up there.
Accommodations- We stayed in two adjoining Oceanview suites on the 4th floor and the view was magnificent. You're so close to the beach in unbelievable and each suite has a private balcony with a table and two chairs. Inside, there's a flat screen tv with maybe 15 channels, a chest with 8 drawers, a long desk, generous closet space, ironing board, a pull out sofa that seats 4 people comfortably and twin beds with two night stands. My parents room had the same but a king bed instead.
The bathroom is very spacious and has a beautiful marble countertop with a sink and bathtub/shower. My main concern with the bathroom is that for some reason the glass only covers half the tub of water seems to leak out and into the bathroom. This can easily be avoided by using one of the 8 towels given to you and putting in at the side of the tub when you're showering to absorb the water. Also, you get complimentary soap, shampoo/conditioner, bath salts and shower caps.
Every night you also get complimentary turn down service where staff comes and takes your used towels and gives you fresh ones for the morning. YOU'RE NEVER SHORT OF TOWELS HERE!
Food- There's are 3 restaurants. Chelonia is the main restaurant and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner-all buffet style (No reservation needed). Each night is a different theme so don't worry about getting bored of the food. Waterfront serves breakfast and lunch buffet style and dinner a la carte (Reservation needed for dinner ONLY). And Asiago's serves only dinner, a la carte with a reservation needed.
All the food was great, loved that each night was different and everything was super fresh!
Drinks were on the house all alcoholic and non-alcoholic. They never run out so enjoy!
Beach/Pool- The beach was never overcrowded and you never had to worry about finding a seat because the beach staff finds and brings them for you. Beautiful blue water and so relaxing. Waiters would bring drinks randomly and someone was always coming over to make sure everything was ok.
As for watersports, the kayaking, hobies, snorkel gear and paddle boats were all free but jet skis and other things offered by people on the beach (banana boat, parasailing, hand gliding, etc) you had to pay for.
My favorite part were the chairs! They all had shades over them to block the sun if it was too sunny or you could take it off if you wanted to sit in sun. Such a great idea!
There's are two pools and a hot
tub. Beautifully decorated with waterfalls! The hot tub is not too hot and not too cold. Perfect temperature to just relax.
Staff- Hands down some of the most friendly and genuinely nice people you'll ever meet. They aren't being nice to get a tip or something from you, they're just being nice because they love their job and it shows. From the time we stepped foot in the resort we felt at home. Just a wonderful environment!
I highly recommend this resort. Hands down an amazing place to relax and unwind in. I could honestly go on and on but I'll let you all go and find out how truly wonderful it really was!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A vibrant blend of contemporary style and informal elegance." A truly magnificent all-inclusive property of 161 rooms situated on a glorious stretch of the south coast of Barbados. Turtle Beach Resort uniquely combines contemporary style, informal elegance, lively atmosphere and a superb range of facilities suitable for all ages, including a supervised kids Club (for children aged 4-12) setting new standards for all-inclusive holidays to the Caribbean. Complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel Dover
- Turtle Beach Barbados
- Turtle Beach Resort Barbados
- Hotel Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Dover