I stayed here with my boyfriend and 3 of my girlfriends to celebrate my 30th bday. We checked in on the 17th & checked out on the 22nd. As soon as we arrived we were welcomed with the most delicious & STRONG rum punches. We arrived about 2 hours before check-in time. My friends were welcomed to their room right away. My boyfriend & I had to wait until our room was ready but while we waited we were invited to have lunch which was great. We got full swing into eating, drinking & just enjoying the all-inclusiveness of our vacation.
Before we knew it our full, buzzed selves were invited to go see our room. The room was VERY comfortable. The view was worth the extra money (we stayed in room 306). The bathroom was clean. The only gripe was the half-door that was installed to the tub. It really didn't stop water from getting EVERYWHERE while you took a shower. Thankfully we were provided with fresh towels daily because we had to use them to dry up puddles of water. But, it wasn't that big of a deal. We loved our room, the view & the hotel too much to spend much time thinking about it.
The staff were always friendly. They made whatever drinks we asked for & they were always strong. I recommend the bomber (mango, strawberry, banana, w/ rum) & the spring turtle was good also. We lounged on the beach most of the day. Captain Sam's crew are the best, especially Ricky. They made sure we had chairs with covers every day. There are 2 pools & 1 hot tub. Pools closed kinda early. The entertainment was a nice touch for dinner. Ended around 1030 since it was very close to rooms.
The food was good & always tasted fresh. I think breakfast & lunch were our favorite meals. Yes, some of the items were repeated but it all tasted so good so no complaints. Bajan hot sauce is so delicious that I had to bring some home! If you're there on a Friday night everyone recommends going to Oistin's for the best seafood (think flea market but for seafood lol). We went on Sat so it was pretty low key & ate at this place called Chillin & Grillin. The waiter that catered to us was amazing (I believe his name was Ralph). He described how everything was cooked & made recommendations. My first time trying red snapper & it was DELICIOUS. We ate at Asiago's the night of my birthday. It was pretty warm but a nice change from the buffet. Ambiance was nice. Food was ok. My steak wasn't tasty but everyone else's food seemed very good & the side of pasta I ordered was great.
The water was rough every day. The red flag ws out at all times but they don't really stop you from swimming. Just be careful. Also, it rained every day but usually for a few minutes and then the sun came right back out.
It was one of the best trips I've taken. I will forever remember turning 30 :-) I can't wait to return to the Caribbean!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A vibrant blend of contemporary style and informal elegance." A truly magnificent all-inclusive property of 161 rooms situated on a glorious stretch of the south coast of Barbados. Turtle Beach Resort uniquely combines contemporary style, informal elegance, lively atmosphere and a superb range of facilities suitable for all ages, including a supervised kids Club (for children aged 4-12) setting new standards for all-inclusive holidays to the Caribbean. Complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel Dover
- Turtle Beach Barbados
- Turtle Beach Resort Barbados
- Hotel Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Dover