From the time we arrived we were treated amazingly. When we were greeted by Tara upon arrival....we were checked in while sipping on a rum punch.....they sure are yummy. My friend went to get the luggage to take to our room....Tara (who checked us in) said in a laughing manner....no no no...you are on holidays....we will get that for you....and please do not make that same mistake again.......all while laughing. And that set the tone for the week. As I had read before, the staff can't do enough for you.....that is sooo true.
Food - above average for all inclusives. We did the buffet a couple of nights....the Waterfront Restaurant....our favorite, and Asiagos, once. Also a good choice. Buffets are not usually my favorite, but they were quite good.....but the restaurants.....I was very, very impressed. If youi wanted to try something..they just added it to your plate.
Room - nice but not outstanding. All services were as per usual. A couple of things...someone wrote they have really good hairdryer....and yes they do. No plug outlet in the bathroom for curlers or straightners....and there is no outlet in the room near a mirror. Not a big deal...just passing on info.
Beach - beautiful!!!!!. Water is rough if you have small children which we did not...so really enjoyed playing in the water. Temperature of the water is absolutely amazing. I have never just walked into the water like that. We loved it.
Water Sports - The hotel has a team that supports all the water sports. Captain Sam and his team are amazing. They took us out on the Hobbie Cat twice and Sadio took us out on the seadoo (you had to pay for that). When we came down in the morning Captain Sam already had one of the young lads setting up our lounges....and when we tole them we did not want a drink just then cause it wasn't even noon....they turned up at noon with two rum punches for us. Don't be lured by others on the beach that offer services...Captain Sam and his team really look out for you and provide an awesome service. They were number 1
Bars - Not a big dieal...but we were in off season so the hotel was only half full....there are only 3 bars in total and only 2 open at a time. The waterfront bar has only one blender...so line ups were a big long. I am only passing this on as info as a little wait on vacation is not a big deal. Mardonna comes around the pool and the beach to pass out drinks as well. Nice touch.
Night Life - We were not looking for night life so it was fine. There was entertainment every night...one night was a performance but most nights is music but not like nightclub type thing. If you are looking for nightlife...this is not where you want to be....but it was perfect for us.
Gym - adequate...a little old but had more stuff than a lot of place we have been.
Tours - went on two tours. One was a catamarin to swim with the sea turtles. There are several tours you can take, but just choose the one that offers you what you are looking for. We were not looking for the party boat so found a smaller more intimate one. We took a coast to coast tour with RCR Tours.... and do not recommend it. We were rushed through the stops we wanted to see the most and left in the places that held less interest. There was an option to hire a cab and customize what you want to see. In hind site.....we should have done that.
I think I have covered it all.
Was an amazing trip and looking forward to going back again next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A vibrant blend of contemporary style and informal elegance." A truly magnificent all-inclusive property of 161 rooms situated on a glorious stretch of the south coast of Barbados. Turtle Beach Resort uniquely combines contemporary style, informal elegance, lively atmosphere and a superb range of facilities suitable for all ages, including a supervised kids Club (for children aged 4-12) setting new standards for all-inclusive holidays to the Caribbean. Complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel Dover
- Turtle Beach Barbados
- Turtle Beach Resort Barbados
- Hotel Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Dover