First time we have travelled to Barbados, and it got off to a fantastic start with only 145 people on our flight! It takes 30 mins max to get to hotel from the airport.
On our arrival we were offered a cocktail or beer and water for the children, we sat in a lovely air conditioned spacious lobby whilst we were checked in.
The hotel is wonderfully kept, I absolutely couldn't fault the up keep of the hotel. Every single day the pools are cleaned and the water tested, all common areas are kept very clean and tidy.
Our rooms were big with a large bathroom with a separate area for ablutions, lots of wardrobe space and drawers. We had a suite, with the living area converted into a bedroom, as the room was so big this didn't feel cramped in any way. We had magnificent view and a very good sized balcony. Both bedrooms had large flat screen TVs, and the mini bar was comp, and re stocked every day with soft drinks and beer, we also had fresh canapes in our room every evening. The pools are a good size, there is a toddlers pool, large kids pool, adults pool, and a large jacuzzi for adults only.
I celebrated my birthday at the hotel, and the staff bent over backwards to make my birthday really special, they organised a delicious cake, my friends( from another hotel) joined my family for lovely lunch on the sand under a marquee. (My friends payed a day rate).
Everyday staff came round to the pool areas and the beach with complimentary fresh fruit salads, ice lollies for the children and there was always a member of staff coming round with trays of drinks, cocktails, soft drinks and beers.
The buffet food needs a rethink, it would have been nice to have seen some fresh grilled fish, seafood and steaks on the menu occasionally. Often lunch was much better than dinner.
We never use children's clubs on holiday, so the only experience we have is that the children were made to feel very welcome to use the park they have in the children's club and to play table tennis whenever they want too. The babysitting service is excellent as the babysitters are the staff from the children's club.
The beach is absolutely amazing everything you want in a Caribbean beach, white sand and turquoise sea!, the beach is very well kept and Captain Sam runs a tight ship. I felt my children were safe at the hotel, and we allowed them a little freedom to wander around by themselves which they loved! There is lots of staff around and security too. As with many other Caribbean countries it is still a little old fashioned, so please and thank you go a very long way indeed especially from the children. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, but we had no complaints as we found everything perfect. The entertainment in the evening was mixed, we saw a fashion show, the usual girl trios belting out the hits, traditional dancing and limbo dancers, all good cheesy fun!
We stayed for 10 days, and we found it to be good value for money, holidaying in the Caribbean is not cheap, however I think this hotel provides a very good all inclusive Caribbean holiday experience. This hotel is especially good for children - as the day starts early, it wasn't unusual to see families in the pool at 7 am!
We cannot wait to return next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A vibrant blend of contemporary style and informal elegance." A truly magnificent all-inclusive property of 161 rooms situated on a glorious stretch of the south coast of Barbados. Turtle Beach Resort uniquely combines contemporary style, informal elegance, lively atmosphere and a superb range of facilities suitable for all ages, including a supervised kids Club (for children aged 4-12) setting new standards for all-inclusive holidays to the Caribbean. Complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel Dover
- Turtle Beach Barbados
- Turtle Beach Resort Barbados
- Hotel Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Dover