My wife and I came here just for 3 days and 4 nights for our 20th Wedding Anniversary. This was equally one of the best places we have ever stayed at. We have never been to Barbados before, but we are well travelled both with and without our children and are more accustomed to fine and boutique hotels. We chose all inclusive as our break was short and we just wanted to chill in the sun, eat good food and relax. WE CHOSE WELL; this hotel was exceptional. The staff were amazing and could not do enough for us. Fine dining, a la carte and buffet were as good as each other. The beach was to die for. The room was oversized and 'sugery clean' as there was nothing more we could have asked for. I could sit and name all the staff and how they looked after us but they are all as good as each other; every one knew if was our Anniversary and we were reminded on a hourly basis !
Sure there are more expensive and more luxurious places to stay, but on on the basis of the level of service, the amenities, the beach, the food, the room and just the whole package of this hotels makes it more than the stars it was awarded and worth every penny it charges. The bonus being you can chill for dinner in a t-shirt or dress for dinner if you wanted to. Some other hotels on the island expect you to dress for a snack, something that I like to decide on, and not at the discrection of hotel rules.
There was no 'attitude' at this hotel. You were a paying guest and as such were treated with uttmost respect from the porter to the maitre'd and from room maid to beach attendant. The guys on the beach set up your beds, gave you your beach towels and brought you drinks. Everything is an acceptable walking distance in the scorching Barbados heat and even the little extra's you ask for can be arranged without issue.
Ignore the bad reviews of Turtle Beach; if your expecting Sandals or Beaches All inclusive at Butlins prices, then you'll be dissapointed and suggest you spend more money at these places rather than give bad reviews to a hotel that is more than you can expect for your money. Sure.........everyone can sit on the W.C and moan about a cracked tile in the bathroom, but that's just petty. Turtle Beach gives you back a lot more than you paid. Those who complain but dont credit should not have an opinion.
I spent the morning of my 20th Wedding Anniversary on my ocean front balcony eating smoked salmon and crispy bacon for breakfast and washing it down with champagne listening to the sea and already smelling the aroma of BBQ being prepared for lunch. I asked for my wife to get some flowers lef for her whilst we were at the beach and not only did she get a fabulous bouquet, she got a card and ALL THE STAFF SIGNED IT - INCLUDING THE CHEF.
Everyone at Turtle Beach deserves a compliment, especially Crystal at the front desk and Sherrie-Ann for dealing with the suprises for my anniversary.
Sam, Kirt and Jermaine and the rest of the boys on the beach. Hail mi Idrin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A vibrant blend of contemporary style and informal elegance." A truly magnificent all-inclusive property of 161 rooms situated on a glorious stretch of the south coast of Barbados. Turtle Beach Resort uniquely combines contemporary style, informal elegance, lively atmosphere and a superb range of facilities suitable for all ages, including a supervised kids Club (for children aged 4-12) setting new standards for all-inclusive holidays to the Caribbean. Complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel Dover
- Turtle Beach Barbados
- Turtle Beach Resort Barbados
- Hotel Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Dover