“Family friendly”

The Grille
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My mother turned 70 in April and we wanted to celebrate her birthday by surprising her. Family flew in for the occasion, everyone knew NOT to tell her the plan for dinner and the surprise was a success!

The celebratory dinner was at The Grille at Hilton Barbados and the staff was more than accommodating. They provided a high chair for the 2 year old in the party, only to cheerfully replace it with a 'big' chair, albeit with a cushion, when he declared he was too big for a high chair! We were a relatively big party (16) and our meal was served quickly and the courses flowed smoothly.

They provided a complimentary slice of birthday cake at the end of the evening and sang to my mother who felt very special.

In all it was a great evening that was executed flawlessly because of the detail-oriented, friendly staff who provided excellent service.

1  Thank Jennifer B

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had dinner here three times during my recent stay at The Hilton Resort Barbados.
The service is exceptional and the atmosphere good with a pianist playing back
ground music.
I started with a glass of Chardonnay and chose Braised Belly of Pork to start. This
was cooked perfectly. To follow I had the Rack of Lamb which was cooked pink just
as I ordered. I washed this down with a very reasonable bottle of Australian Shiraz.
I declined a desert as I simply didn't have room for one! The grill team are highly
professional and the food was cooked perfectly.
If you're staying at this hotel or somewhere else on the island, you really should give
the Grill a try!l

1  Thank terryrothery
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Waited about ten minutes before we could have been acknowledged before being taken to our seats. Then another ten minutes before someone took our order. The restaurant was pretty busy on a Tuesday night, I don't understand why because when we got our food approximately 40 minutes after ordering the food was tasteless and portions were pretty small for the price. Was very disappointed at the service as well. Would never return.

1  Thank Fadil007
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great hotel, but just decent food at the Grill. Service was ehhh, and the food was not bad, but way overpriced, as any resort restaurant is. Wasn't bad, wasn't great.... Fresh local coconut ice cream was AWESOME though!

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We ate here the last night as it was the only Steakhouse we could easily find . Good ambiance , great steaks , food was well priced , we paid $100+ for two bottles of basic Red wine, a Chianti and Cotes de Rhone, that took the meal for 4 people to around $325 US , so it's getting up into Mortons , Ruth's Chris prices , and they aren't up to that mark , but in 5 nights out on the Island this was the best place , so I'd def go back ..Patrick our server was super efficient and friendly as was Andre the chef who walked the room and chatted with diners to make sure they enjoyed his food.. A nice touch .. All in all ,great food. Great people, be prepared to pay though , as with all good things they come with a price .