“Disappointed Mother on Mothers Day”
Review of Lighthouse Terrace

Lighthouse Terrace
Reserve with OpenTable
Lighthouse Terrace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

So booked a 12 pm Mothers Day luncheon in advance for a table of 2 preferably outside. I am a regular attendee to Breakfast at the Hilton. I received a call to tell me (4days before) that I had to go an pay a deposit for the booking. Upon arriving at reception to pay a deposit we were met by a receptionist where everything was to much trouble and her line "I only take the money wore just a little thin). Upon asking her to double check what time our booking was for I was told I would have to go to the restuarant she didnt know and guess what ....she just takes the money.
Ok - so arrive for our 12 noon booking to be greeted at the restuarant as we are not ready - this is great when you have a toddler too.
40 minutes later we are all told and there was probably about 20 people waiting to go back to the entrance of the restuarant and tell the lady on the podium our name and then we (but only the mums) can collect your free glass of champagne.
So my reservation request of outside was not forfilled and we were taken inside to what can only be described as a last minute table, tucked well away and in such a tight spot that once in your seat you both had to get up for either of you to be able to get up- great spot hey when you have a toddler in a booster seat that you couldnt get anywhere near the table either.
Sadly it got worse, the air conditioning appeared to not reach the area of our table so we just got hotter and hotter as more and more people came in. My son ended up sitting barebacked in his booster seat. We ended up having to queue for the hot line and deserts. The hot line queue was in fact the only view we had of the dining room as people were standing in front of our table the whole time we were there.
At 130 Bd$ per person it was the most expensive buffet on the whole Island and I can honestly say it was one of the worst experiences we have ever had.
Someones greed of packing every last inch of the dining room totally spoilt our experience.
Shame on you 5 star Hilton and to think that given our bad start I sent an email earlier in the week to date I still havent received a reply.

There are newer reviews for Lighthouse Terrace

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Going to the Hilton for their popular buffet breakfast has now become a tradition. Saturday and Sunday mornings are almost always busy so making reservations would be a wise thing to do. I returned for another sensational meal on Saturday April 27 2013 with family and we all had a fantastic time.

On offer this time around was a juice station comprised of apple, orange, passion fruit and grapefruit juice. A cereal station comprised of whole milk, skimmed milk, raisin bran, frosted flakes and regular corn flakes. A pastry station comprised of assorted jams, assorted muffins, croissants, danishes, banana bread, coconut bread, bagels and pain aux raisins. A fruit station comprised of tropical fruit salad, pineapple, prunes, peaches, melon, bananas, apples, oranges, assorted yogurts, crackers, herb and garlic cream cheese, regular cream cheese and a few other items. An omlette station where one can have eggs and omlettes done to their heart's desire. Options included bacon, ham, onions, sweet pepper, mushrooms, brocoli, cheddar cheese and provolone cheese. Finally, the cooked items included oatmeal, scrambled eggs, creole saltfish, cajun potatoes, bacon, sausages and french toast.

Service was friendly and efficient and staff are always ready to answer any questions one may have. In terms of seating I always prefer to be inside by a window where it's air conditioned rather than outside. But we all have our preferences. The price remains the same, $60 BBD/$30 USD inclusive of VAT and service charge. Hilton continues to provide what I deem to be the best buffet breakfast on the island and I highly recommend it as it provides excellent value for money.

3  Thank BGIWorldTraveller
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We ate at the Lighthouse three times during a week's stay at the Hilton. The first time was the evening we arrived and we didn't want to spend time looking for other places. The menu choices are a little limited, but the food was good, and for Barbados the prices are reasonable. The second time we decided to try the Saturday Asian Buffet since we are very fond of Asian food. It was very disappointing. The blurb promised a choice of dishes from various cuisines. There was essentially one dish from each of the major culinary sources: a Thai soup that was OK, General Tso's chicken from China, a stir fry (Mongolia??), an Indonesian type dish, Poppadoms (from India?) and a significant amount of sushi and sashimi (Japan). The sushi was some of the worst I have eaten. For ten years I visited Japan 3 or 4 times a year and even when I was in a place that the locals complained about, I never had anything this awful. It appeared to be made with the wrong type of rice and the rolls of rice appeared to have been machine prepared - they were square in cross section and did not appear to have anything on them except the fish which did not stick to the rice.
The last night of out stay (Tuesday) we returned. This time there was also a special "Chef's menu" - 2 courses for BBD$70 and three for something more. My wife took that and I ordered a salmon dish from the regular menu. Both were very good. There is a modest wine list, but it has a good South African Pinotage at BBD$80/bottle

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I've been to this restaurant a couple times for the breakfast buffet which always has plenty of yummy options.

I chose to write this review, however, based on my dining experience a few nights ago. The Lighthouse Terrace restaurant at The Hilton is known for its theme buffet nights. This past Wednesday the theme was 'Bajan' night and the chefs did not fail to deliver. As a Barbadian, I can vouch for the fact that this was AUTHENTIC bajan fare and some of the best available on the island.

On entering there was a fresh lemonade stand (good lemonade by the way) and fishcake station by the hostess desk. There was a local tuk band playing Caribbean music throughout dinner and they even played the 'happy birthday' song for me when they found out I was celebrating my birthday that night.

On to the food....YUMMY! There was a variety of freshly prepared food to choose from; dishes included but were not limited to macaroni pie, rice and peas, candied sweet potatoes, cou cou (similar to polenta), steamed pudding, baked chicken, lamb stew, seasonal veggies, cole slaw, potato salad, chicken soup, bhul jol, pickled souse, pickled breadfruit, pickled calamari, freshly fried flying fish (on the spot), ham and I could go on and on..trust me!

Service was good as well; the hostess in particular was nice and checked in with the guests to make sure everyone was enjoying the food.

I have been to one other theme night (Italian) and the offering was not as impressive.

If you want to experience true Barbadian food.....go to the Lighthouse Terrace.

2  Thank BimChic
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We went on a Wednesday at 7pm to their Bajan buffet. The table and outdoor setting was nice and the staff was fine. I personally did not care too much for the food (even with the variety of options) which made it quite disappointing. Coupled with that, it was the most expensive meal we had on the island. Dinner for 2 was US$110 plus US$44 for a bottle of wine.
Unfortunately for them, I would not go back, at least for dinner anyways. There are way too many other options on the island that would provide a better total experience. The best thing they have going is their location as it's part of the hotel, providing you're not up for an evening out.