We just returned from the Hilton (April 7-14). The hotel was very nice. I would recommend this hotel. The tanks next door are for storage and not a big deal. If you are able, I would get access to the executive lounge (or pay the difference). The lounge provides a very nice breakfast, afternoon snacks, and appetizers (and free drinks at night). The kids club is very nice. They even provide a movie/pizza night on Tuesday night (6-8pm), so the adults can go out to dinner alone. The kids club is complimentary. My only real complaint is that the beds are very hard. I travel a great deal for work and most hotels have upgraded to very comfortable beds. The beds at this hotel are very hard. Additionally, you need to go before breakfast to get an umbrella. By 9:30am, all the umbrellas are gone. The cab drivers were courteous, helpful, and the prices were always consistent. Finally, there is no reason to change money. The Barbados dollar is 2-1 to the American dollar. It is very easy to figure out any conversion. Please also note that all the restaurants include a 10% service charge in the bill as part of the tip. I made the mistake the first day of not noticing this and tipping an additional 20%.
-$20 each way from the airport to the hotel (per cab not per person)
- $10 each way to the GAP (restaurants)
- $8-$10 each way to Bridgetown
- $20 each way to the Cliff
Jet Ski - $50 for 1/2 hour from the hotel
Pisces - Excellent Seafood and a beautiful restaurant - This was my favorite restaurant.
Cliff - This restaurant was very romantic and had an unbelievable view. The service was excellent. The food was good, but very expensive. The seafood at Pisces was better.
SouthSea - Good seafood and service.
Opa - Good view, but only ok food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale Hilton Barbados Resort, winner of the 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, boasts a prime location on the lush tropical peninsula of Needham's Point in Barbados. Each of the 350 beautifully-appointed rooms & suites offers a private balcony and beautiful ocean views. Hilton Barbados Resort offers amenities tailored for couples, families, and all kinds of travelers, plus it's 100% non smoking and fully accessible, becoming versatile paradise for all. Conveniently located, the resort is just five minutes from the island's capital, Bridgetown, 20 minutes from Grantley Adams International Airport and walking distance to the newly listed UNESCO World Heritage site of The Garrison. Some of the facilities include a sparkling pool complex with whirlpool, on-site scuba diving center, three tennis courts, four restaurants and a Fitness & Health Centre with spa treatment rooms overlooking Carlisle Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TravelUp, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Barbados Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Barbados Hotel Saint Michael
- Hilton Hotel Bridgetown
- Hilton Bridgetown
- Barbados Hilton
- Bridgetown Hilton
- Hilton Barbados Resort Saint Michael Parish