If you are looking for an great place to unwind, catch sun poolside, frolic in the warm Caribbean waves, enjoy superb massages and world class service, THIS IS THE PLACE TO COME!
We arrived prior to check in time on May 24th and were greeted by the warm Bajan smile of Tamara at the front desk. She provided excellent, cheerful service and managed to find us into a beautiful ocean view room on the 8th floor that was clean and ready to go after only a very small wait of maybe 10 minutes.
As I mentioned the room was beautiful. It was bright and airy, with a great view of the Sea. The property is absolutely gorgeous! The pool was wonderful, and the hotel is right on the beach so you can walk out to the sea or stroll the beaches without having to walk more than a few steps from the elevator.
We frequented the Executive Lounge for breakfast each morning and crudites and beverages each evening. The food and the service there was also impeccable. Carisia in the lounge was especially friendly and helpful, and provided us with some excellent recommendations for what to do while in Barbados.
I got a massage from Kimberly on my second day there. She really worked out all of my knots, and with the warmed oils, nice aromas and her knowing hands, she melted away all of my stress and tension and left me feeling amazing. She was AWESOME!
The food in the restaurants was also fantastic. We ate at the Grille a couple of times and it was delicious. They also had a salsa lesson going on...if we had known they had that, we would have signed up for sure. As it was, we enjoyed watching all of the dancers and having taken dance lessons before, we were both very impressed by the quality of the instructor there. She was great and we couldn't help but practice our dance moves at our own table when the music was playing. We also ate at the Lighthouse Terrace a couple of times.
They had buffets nearly every night at the Lighthouse Terrace, each with a different international theme, or you could order a la carte. We enjoyed the Indian food night very much and discovered an amazing potato dish called Aloo Matar that I would kill for...maybe the Hilton would give me the recipe?? That would be awesome. That night, I was having a bit of an upset stomach (not due to anything in Barbados...I just have a temperamental stomach) and asked our waitress, Dawn, if she would mind bringing me a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. She did, but better yet she brought me a glass of bitters and something or other that she said helps her stomach and it really did help. Dawn was really great - she was so pleasant and kind, and the next day when I saw her she even asked if my stomach was feeling better. She waited on us again on our last morning there and again was a pleasure to interact with.
They had a music poolside the following night - the singer had a fantastic voice and sounded like a pro...definitely not the cheesy karaoke fare you usually get in hotels. I think the singer's name was Kimberly...that girl just needs to get discovered. She'd be making the big bucks like her fellow Bajan Rihanna soon!
The mudslides from the pool bar were absolutely scrumptious as well...the perfect frosty drink to take the heat off.
Speaking of...Barbados, while hot, doesn't feel as hot because there is a constant cool breeze blowing at all times - very nice.
We also booked two tours through the concierge, Pauline and she too provided excellent service. She was very attentive and when the booking desks at the tour offices were closed, she did a great job of following up with them and getting back to us. We did a tour of the Harrison's Cave through Coconut Tours and a catamaran cruise with Cool Runnings and both were excellent! I will review both companies separately here on Trip Advisor.
I can't say enough great things about the hotel....all of the staff was very friendly, warm and welcoming and accommodating in every way.
I will note that the town of Bridgetown is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel and there are places where there are no sidewalks on the streets, but you can also get there walking along the beach, if you are so inclined. The taxi fare into town was about $11 US each way.
We ate at Waterfront in Bridgetown - they Jerk Chicken was DELICIOUS! I even asked for some sauce to take back to the hotel and I dipped everything in it that night. SO YUMMY!
Food, drinks and services in Barbados are expensive, and the hotel gift shop was quite pricey as well. $20 US for contact lens saline solution - are they crazy?? Barbados is not the place to go if you are looking for a super-cheap get-away.
But, back to the Hilton...if you are going to Barbados, you MUST stay here. It was absolutely divine! If you are considering between Barbados and another destination...as I said before, if you want impeccable service, a great beach vacation, a beautiful property and room, and a little taste of Bajan charm - Hilton Barbados is definitely the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale Hilton Barbados Resort, winner of the 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, boasts a prime location on the lush tropical peninsula of Needham's Point in Barbados. Each of the 350 beautifully-appointed rooms & suites offers a private balcony and beautiful ocean views. Hilton Barbados Resort offers amenities tailored for couples, families, and all kinds of travelers, plus it's 100% non smoking and fully accessible, becoming versatile paradise for all. Conveniently located, the resort is just five minutes from the island's capital, Bridgetown, 20 minutes from Grantley Adams International Airport and walking distance to the newly listed UNESCO World Heritage site of The Garrison. Some of the facilities include a sparkling pool complex with whirlpool, on-site scuba diving center, three tennis courts, four restaurants and a Fitness & Health Centre with spa treatment rooms overlooking Carlisle Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Barbados Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Barbados Hotel Saint Michael
- Hilton Hotel Bridgetown
- Hilton Bridgetown
- Barbados Hilton
- Bridgetown Hilton
- Hilton Barbados Resort Saint Michael Parish