We were a little apprehensive having read some negative remarks on this site however, those people are just nit picking and down scoring far too easily....
We stayed in Exec. level for 7 nights over Easter with an oceanview.
I'll get straight to the point.
The rooms were lovely.
The pool and beach area is superb.
The breakfast in the exec lounge was adequate for our needs, we could've had a voucher to go for the buffet for little cost but we don't like to gorge ourselves silly on holiday. It (exec breakfast) starts at 7am I think, best to get there early so you get first pick.
Service by the pool was very fast and very friendly, being Easter the hotel was busy too but it still proved no problem.
We loved the bar just off the lobby.
The food at the grille was nice when we got it right, first time it came out stone cold. They put it right and the manager came over to apologise and offer us something to make up for it.
Location, for me this is a positive, it a BD$20 cab ride to the gap. It's close to Bridgetown and not too bad for getting to the West Coast. From this location you can choose where you want to be and have it hectic or otherwise.
Brown Sugar restaurant just outside the Hilton - fantastic restaurant and reasonable priced.
The gym was far better than I expected, even had a concept 2 rower which is a rareity in most hotel gyms. plenty of other CV equipment and weights were available.
Barbados Blue watersports. You have to trek outside the hotel, over the carpark to get there (you may be able to walk all the way arround the penninsula/beach too). When you get there, even if staying at the hotel you find you need to hand over a deposit to use equipment.
They do not let you take a kayak out on your own, bit of a problem for me as my wife doesn't like watersports and I have never encountered this problem anywhere else.
Exec lounge serving soft drinks throughout the day, very sparse offerings, not much left out and you really do have to keep asking to get anything.
Exec lounge (again) although not the fault of the hotel. The evening snacks seem to be treated as a dinner buffett by the majority of greedy guests. When they run out (which is very quickly) it takes a long time for them to be replenished. Beer is plentiful though (Heineken and Banks).
Despite the few negatives we still rated our stay as 5*. The few negatives were not enough to knock it down or spoil our enjoyment.
We've booked for next year and out stay coincides with the England Cricket test in Barbados too.
For 2009 we have ditched the exec level, it's not really worth paying extra but if you score a free upgrade you're laughing.
We just have a standard king with ocenview booked and got a good rate. Rates have just risen sharply for the time we are there due to the cricket so we timed it just right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale Hilton Barbados Resort, winner of the 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, boasts a prime location on the lush tropical peninsula of Needham's Point in Barbados. Each of the 350 beautifully-appointed rooms & suites offers a private balcony and beautiful ocean views. Hilton Barbados Resort offers amenities tailored for couples, families, and all kinds of travelers, plus it's 100% non smoking and fully accessible, becoming versatile paradise for all. Conveniently located, the resort is just five minutes from the island's capital, Bridgetown, 20 minutes from Grantley Adams International Airport and walking distance to the newly listed UNESCO World Heritage site of The Garrison. Some of the facilities include a sparkling pool complex with whirlpool, on-site scuba diving center, three tennis courts, four restaurants and a Fitness & Health Centre with spa treatment rooms overlooking Carlisle Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Hilton Barbados Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Barbados Hotel Saint Michael
- Hilton Hotel Bridgetown
- Hilton Bridgetown
- Barbados Hilton
- Bridgetown Hilton
- Hilton Barbados Resort Saint Michael Parish