I'll start by saying that this is the cleanest hotel that I have ever visited. The cleaning staff really seems to take pride in their jobs. I must admit that I am usually that person that puts the DO NOT DISTURB on the outside of the door and clean up after myself for the entirety of my stay. We"ll my "Sweetheart" decided to track in dirt and sand throughout the entire room, even the shower. So at this point there was no way around allowing them to clean it. It was let them come in to clean or walk through the sand from the shower to the balcony... yeah... literally the entire room. They did an amazing job!! This hotel is not just clean that first day but every hour of everyday! This staff cleans from sunrise to sunrise! And no I do not mean sunrise to sunset either. We would decide to go walk along the beach at night and people were cleaning the entire time. So if you want a clean hotel this is your kind of place.
Everything else was secondary I must admit. The concierg and front desk staff were very friendly and most helpful!! Sometimes you worry about the concierg suggesting things such as "tourist traps." Not at all we all had an amazing time on every event they suggested. The first full night we were there we attended the Harbour Nights..... Amazing... Now I must tell you that I am not a drinker. I don't like the taste of alcohol but their Pina Colada was absolutely wonderful. They were also all-inclusive, and all you could drink until 2 am. We had dinner (chicken, fish, or steak), drinks, and a show (fire swallowing, stilt performers, limbo, and interactive performances). Oh and desert as well but it was a roasted marshmellow. (Not really my forte). This was also very kid friendly if that applies. The next thing suggested was the Catamaran. WONDERFUL!!!! They chose the "Wasn't Me" for us. The captain was amazing and so was the rest of the staff. This was my favorite by far. It was a 5 hour tour. They picked us up from the hotel. We sailed out of the dock to our first destination, then snorkeled with the turtles for about 20 min, then headed to our next destination, the coral reef and snorkeled for about an hour or so, then we had lunch (a real meal- chicken, fish, rice, potatoes, salad, bread, etc). We headed back after that and danced on the front of the boat and just had a good ole time. It wasn't over crowded like I have heard some of the other catamaran cruises being.
So talk to the conceirg they won't steer you wrong in our experience. There were ten of us in our group. Hard to please ten different people and they did a very good job of it. As for the bar staff.... Awful!!!! They were rude and not helpful in any way. Also I am usually a very good tipper... as long as you do a good job. We got our bill for our drinks, which was $20 Barbados, gave him a $20 USD oh and he kept it without even offering change!! That happened to all of us at one time or another. They tried it again... I gave them a 50 USD for a $10 Barbados drink (Happy Hour) and I waited for 5-10 min for my change. I guess they were thinking I would either forget about my change or just give up, but I actually had to ask for it. I don't mind tipping but I'm not tipping rude people who expect a more than a 400% tip. But that's me plus they have that VAT and 10% service fee anyway! Outside of the bar I would recommend the hotel, but I must say I never ate anything from any of the restaurants there either so sorry I can't be of any help there.
Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale Hilton Barbados Resort, winner of the 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, boasts a prime location on the lush tropical peninsula of Needham's Point in Barbados. Each of the 350 beautifully-appointed rooms & suites offers a private balcony and beautiful ocean views. Hilton Barbados Resort offers amenities tailored for couples, families, and all kinds of travelers, plus it's 100% non smoking and fully accessible, becoming versatile paradise for all. Conveniently located, the resort is just five minutes from the island's capital, Bridgetown, 20 minutes from Grantley Adams International Airport and walking distance to the newly listed UNESCO World Heritage site of The Garrison. Some of the facilities include a sparkling pool complex with whirlpool, on-site scuba diving center, three tennis courts, four restaurants and a Fitness & Health Centre with spa treatment rooms overlooking Carlisle Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Barbados Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Barbados Hotel Saint Michael
- Hilton Hotel Bridgetown
- Hilton Bridgetown
- Barbados Hilton
- Bridgetown Hilton
- Hilton Barbados Resort Saint Michael Parish