“A good place to stay for business and pleasure.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Barbados Resort

Hilton Barbados Resort
Seattle, Washington
“A good place to stay for business and pleasure.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton for 9 nights beginning on September 9th. Very easy taxi ride into Bridgetown for work 6 of those mornings (about 10 minutes). The Hilton is in a beautiful spot where you can see the bay as well as the ocean. I stayed on the 3rd floor and felt that my balcony view was good; so I'm sure the higher floors are even better. This is a much more affordable option compared to other hotels on the south and west coasts. I ate at the Lighthouse Terrace multiple times and found the food to be tasty, though a bit pricey. If you don't want to eat onsite plan on a taxi ride to the St. Lawrence Gap where you will find many more selections. This was during the low season and I did experience a lot of restaurants simply being closed when they should have been open. Must be nice to be on island time! I felt that my room and the other amenities were comparable to Hiltons that I have stayed in before; nothing too spectacular, but comfortable and clean. Only complaint: bed is a bit too firm and needed a colorful pillow or two for accents.

Room Tip: Higher levels on the south end of the hotel seem to have the best views. No matter what you should h...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MatthewBarbados, General Manager at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon. Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was travelling with my 5 year old daughter. My husband was there for work so it was basically just the two of us for 3-4 days. You don't have to leave this resort to stay busy. There is a complimentary kids club(who does that! wow), complimentary scuba lessons(what?!). Clean and beautiful pool area. It wasn't that crowded that we almost felt like we were there on our own. We kept bumping into the same families every day and made friends with them. We never shared the hot pool with anyone else. It was great.

The staff at all levels, from concierge, to tour guides to towel boys all just were so friendly and helpful.

So the only downside was the food. If it wasn't just my daughter and myself, we would've headed out for food. The food is expensive and nothing amazing. I hope they work on that area. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for a few days and was expecting Hilton quality , but sadly were disappointed as it did not live up to it. We stayed on the 5th floor and had a 1 bedroom suite. We had access to the Executive Lounge but they closed it during the weekend because as I heard it was slow. When we did have breakfast in the lounge, the fruit, etc. was not fresh. Luckily the restaurant that we went to downstairs since the lounge was closed on the weekend, had a much better selection for their continental breakfast. The fruit was much better.
The furniture in our room was soiled and old. Needs to be reupholstered. The Gift Shop in the main lobby had a closed sign on it for 2 straight days and no one knew when it would open. I do not think for the price it cost us that we will be returning to this resort.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AZretiree
Thanks for your comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've stayed at the Hilton in Barbados twice now so I can say the service is consistent. The staff are remarkable: nothing is too much trouble. A year after my first stay, the waitress at breakfast, June greets me by name (along with my colleague from work). I work in customer service and I know this is likely to be a process of customer relations but it's so refreshing and the smiles and good will are entirely genuine. (Honorable mention also goes out to Vanity and Wilma on the front desk for similar helpful and friendly service and don't forget Chef George at the beach bar for endless fabulous lunches of flying fish).
As for the property, it's exquisite: Ocean and bay views, great beds, great beach and pools, great breakfast (but don't leave your plate uncovered or the tiny blackbirds will get your food.
I'm here on business but it's very family friendly and next time I'm going to make sure I bring mine.
Make an effort to stay here if you can: It's well worth it.

Room Tip: I really like the tower ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

It's the Hilton? What do you expect! Was here with my wife a few years back for our honeymoon...the servce was amazing then. Not to mention the beach views!!! AMAZING! So we decided to come back with our 2 little ones and they had tons of fun. The rooms were clean and quite comfortable...again the staff was amazing too :-) However, my one gripe is the cost of the food...it's too high! You wouldn' expect the food that is offered to cost so much, so yesterday we went walking up the road from the resort and bumped up on a jamaican and arabic place...jamaican place was closed but the food at the arabic place was great and quite affordable! had falafols (sp?) for all three of us and it was under $15 US! The exective lounge was quite comfortable too...definitely will come back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Ive only been once to Barbados for a short business trip and stayed in this venue for one night. Bottom line i cannot give a five star rating because I did not visit much of the island. The hotel is a bit pricey but the service, building, food and the rooms where excellent when compared to the rest of the caribbean islands.

The water in front of the hotel provides a glimpse of the beauty of the island. I do understand that many of the islands activities are located a bit far from the hotel.

Would stay again without a doubt. This place brings peace of mind!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jaime L
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We (family with 9 year old) stayed at the Hilton for 2 weeks in late August, the first time we'd been to Barbados. We had an ocean view room on the 4th floor which looked over the pools to the sea and it was an amazing view to wake up to. The room itself was fine, nothing special but clean, large enough with a balcony. It was a little disappointing that despite being a Diamond member and the hotel not even being 50% full, we weren't upgraded (unlike our stay in the Hilton Montreal a couple of years ago). I had booked a standard room on points for 10 days and intended to pay for a Suite for the final 4 days, but as the room we were in was fine, I cancelled the Suite and paid for the standard room instead.

The hotel facilities are very good, 2 good sized pools and a toddlers pool, a waterside bar, a gym which is larger and better equipped than most Hiltons (and I've been to a fair few), and a comfortable Exec Lounge with spectacular views on the 8th floor.

The restaurants were pretty good (we ate at the Lighthouse Terrace and the Waterside). There wasn't a great variety and it's not particularly cheap but what there was, was generally fine. Unfortunately, there aren't a great deal of restaurants within walking distance of the Hilton (we tried Brown Sugar for a Sunday buffet which was OK).

The Hilton is right on the beach and it has it's own little stretch of beautiful, soft sand and a little bay protected by rock artificial breakwaters on either side. The water can be a little lively on some days, not really suitable for children to swim in, but great for paddling and boogie boards. I am a fairly confident swimmer and I was out almost every day and had no trouble swimming and snorkelling.

August is low season so the hotel was not full. We had no trouble getting loungers by the pool or on the beach. Both were great places to stretch out and relax. There were occasional beach traders but they were polite and not pushy and there were always Hilton security people around.

Talking about the Hilton people leads me to the staff. Most of them were excellent and were friendly, funny, ready with a smile and to chat, helpful with advice and helped make our holiday so enjoyable. In particular, Marcia and Patsy doing the 4th floor rooms, Romeo at the Waterside restaurant, Judy at the Lighthouse Terrace and Charmaine, Andrea and Carisa at the Exec Lounge. You all deserve a pay rise!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms overlooking the pool or on the Lighthouse side have the best view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MatthewBarbados, General Manager at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
It was our pleasure to have you and your family with us on the beautiful island of Barbados. It is a perfect place for kids and I am sure your son enjoyed all the pools and activities at the kids club. We look forward to having you and your family back with us in the near future. Best regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Michael Parish
The Crane Resort
The Crane Resort
#1 of 4 in Saint Philip Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,353 reviews

Been to Hilton Barbados Resort? Share your experiences!