2010- My then fiancé and I had considered pretty much every location around the world to get married in. Our requirement was simple, a very personal, small wedding in a pretty location with friends and family staying with us, with lovely accommodation and food. Italy was out as it was just too expensive and what seemed quite exploitative as soon as 'wedding' was mentioned. We had considered Barbados, but we felt that many of the hotels that did weddings might have been a bit conveyor belt like. By this point we were a bit despondent and were thinking lets just get married in the UK. It will be a lot easier...
We first visited Barbados in June 2010 on a last minute holiday and we stumbled across Little Good Harbour one day whilst exploring the island. We were starving so went in for lunch and fell in love with the views from the Fishpot restaurant and it's style. Beautifully understated. Perfect and exactly what we had been looking for. We wondered if they did weddings? Thankfully they did and we got a complete tour of the hotel and its rooms and pretty much a set price. That would be our wedding location.
We spent the next year and a bit preparing. Initially it's probably fair to say that we found it a little too laid back. We weren't necessarily sure if things were sorted or not and exactly what the costs were. However, don't let this put you off. I think Bajan's work on a 'just in time' basis and that works for them. You just have to trust them.
So, fast forward to November 2011 and we returned to Barbados with about 20 of our closest family and friends for our wedding at Little Good Harbour. We only have positive things to say about Little Good Harbour, the staff were very helpful especially Graham (who was exceptional) and Trevor who did all they could to ensure our stay and our wedding ran smoothly. We had our wedding meal in the Fishpot restaurant, the food was outstanding and service was excellent. I would say that the food was the best I've ever had at a wedding and service wise, watching the staff help our younger guests dissect the massive tiger prawns was lovely.
The hotel made us feel that our wedding was the only wedding that they had done that year, it was so personal and special. It also was perfectly on budget.
Overall, our stay at Little Good Harbour was exactly what've we had hoped for. It is in a quiet location and we would definitely recommend a car to explore. The rooms were spacious and clean, and fitted out well. The Little Spa was a great treat and sensibly priced, we definitely recommend a visit.
Thank you to Graham (who even came in on his day off to say goodbye to us) and all of the staff for making it such a memorable occasion both for my wife and our guests. Simply superb.
We will be returning and we are sorry it's taken almost a year to write this review, but we really wanted to spend the time doing a review that did it justice. (Still married btw)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel located on the West Coast of Barbados. These individual cottages give the impression of a villa holiday but with the conveniences and amenities of a 4* hotel. This family-run hotel offers personalised service and authentic Caribbean charm and decor. The Fish Pot Restaurant is a well-known restaurant on the island serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and is known for its seafood offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, West Indies, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Little Good Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Good Harbour Hotel Saint Peter
- Little Good Harbour Barbados/Saint Peter Parish