wow, wow, wow!
My wife and I stayed here for 11 nights in June 2010. This really is a great place for relaxing and letting go.
The hotel itself is set in beautiful, scenic, well kept gardens with a great view of the sea about a mile away and a deep pool. It has about 40 suites.
We were shown by Terry to room 103 which was a ground floor suite in the gardens. The room was clean and large with a living room, kitchenette, bathroom, and bedroom with twin beds.
The bar and restaurant are in the main building overlooking the pool and gardens and just off of the reception area. The bar is unfortunately quite small and if there are any more than 6 people around it, it is a little difficult to get to but even so the staff are great for keeping you watered.
The restaurant is open plan and large. Breakfast is varied with eggs made to order, buffet English breakfast or cereal, fruit and toast. Lunch is on menu, with various sandwiches, salads or fresh local fish. Evening food is either buffet or A'la carte and again very varied. Overall the food is sensational.
We received a free couple’s massage from the onsite spa which was very professional and totally relaxing. My wife also had a facial. The spa facilitates and treatments are of a very high standard and the staff were very knowledgeable and welcoming.
If you want to keep up your fitness regime there is a well equipped gym but for me it was the full size squash court that kept me busy in the morning before breakfast.
Finally on reception you can pre book tours and a 3 times a day shuttle to the local beach (15 min walk). It's not the greatest of beaches (there are so much better including, Bottom Bay, Foal Bay, Mullins Beach and Rockley) so I would highly recommend hiring a car (we used Coconut Car Hire - best price). In terms of tours we didn't really want to do too much but Terry highly recommended a night out in Oistins. I can see why. We had an amazing evening with great company and great tour guide.
The only small downsides are obviously your not on the beach and the pool side bar is only open for the bbq evenings.
Overall we had a magical 11 days and really didn't want to come home. The reason, well the hotel is great but the whole expericane is topped off by the best staff and guests ever.
We were told the hotel will be closed at the end of June for some renovations. I understand that this is to build a new bar and change some of the kitchen area. Overall this will help the hotel and I think it will make it even better.
If you are looking for pure relaxation with heavenly staff then this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa is graciously located on the North West Coast & Caribbean side of the Island Barbados. This 4 star deluxe Boutique Hotel is set upon a hilltop and has a charming Mediterranean architecture amongst tranquil and tropical ambiance. The Hotel & Spa is known for its warm hospitality, delivery of outstanding staff, service, and facilities in a casual setting. The 45 all-suite Hotel boasts one of the islands leading spa’s, two restaurants and bars, two swimming pools, a guest lounge, gym, art gallery, souvenir shop, squash court, and complimentary shuttle service amongst many more. Sugar Cane Club only accepts teenagers from ages 14 years and up, and no children ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel And Spa
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Hotel
- Sugar Cane Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa Barbados/Saint Peter Parish