The first rum punch served by Roy (a man for all seasons) set the scene for our fantastic 10 days of next to paradise. A glorious sunset and sighting of Green Monkey's coming into the grounds before an excellent dinner made the perfect start to our break.
With only nine other guests for the first five days the service was outstanding with a-la- carte menu for all meals. The "Catch" fish meal was always a good choice at dinner.
The shuttle to the beach works well giving time to swim with turtles & enjoy "The General's" cold fruit juice rum or beer. Do not miss his weekly glass bottom boat trip (complementary) to guarantee a swim with the turtles - we were able to see both Green Back & Loggerhead. If you wish to stay at the beach all day your lunch pack - sandwich and fresh fruit salad -will be supplied in a fit for purpose COOL BAG.
As the hotel became busier the breakfast did change to buffet with eggs cooked to order - this was still up to a good standard. The meals are said to be on the "healthy" side so if you like giant "T-bone" steaks it may not suit - most other meats as well as fish are available and the usual pasta/pizza and excellent Salads & Vegetables in the four course meals which means you will not be hungry at any time!
The hospitable service extents from the grounds staff up to the hosts/owners Bernie & Marilda with son Roddy taking the General Manager responsibility very conscientiously and mixing in with guests at cocktail evenings.
The location and serene atmosphere makes this an ideal hotel for a relaxing and refreshing holiday break. Accommodation is roomy with all necessary facilities and large outside balcony or patio.
The entertainment is limited but traditional and easy going.
I would not recommend this location for the "party animal" or night-club visitor although trips to such venues are available. We visited "Oistins Fish Fry" on Friday evening to experience locals and tourist letting their hair down just a little - great fun and good fish meals. This hotel has been recently renovated to a high standard of fittings and furniture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa is graciously located on the North West Coast & Caribbean side of the Island Barbados. This 4 star deluxe Boutique Hotel is set upon a hilltop and has a charming Mediterranean architecture amongst tranquil and tropical ambiance. The Hotel & Spa is known for its warm hospitality, delivery of outstanding staff, service, and facilities in a casual setting. The 45 all-suite Hotel boasts one of the islands leading spa’s, two restaurants and bars, two swimming pools, a guest lounge, gym, art gallery, souvenir shop, squash court, and complimentary shuttle service amongst many more. Sugar Cane Club only accepts teenagers from ages 14 years and up, and no children ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel And Spa
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Hotel
- Sugar Cane Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa Barbados/Saint Peter Parish