I principally booked this hotel even though I had initial reservations with it being so small and not on the beach, because of the reviews I read on here! So I was expecting a lot and ....... I wasn't disappointed!
Arrival: wonderful welcome
Rooms: nice surprise to have a separate living area and kitchenette . Bathroom could do with little updating but great space overall. Kept wonderfully clean and yes the tv is in the living area but that's coz there's where the seating area is and they couldn't really place one in the bedroom as well! There are 2 love seats to sit on to watch it anyway which are more than adequate!
We had an upstairs room with a sea view and great balcony to sit on and watch the wildlife although I think I was about the inky person who never saw one of the monkeys (#disappointed)
staff: all very pleasant and the manager Peter is very hands on and welcoming and it was nice to meet the owners son on couple of occasions too. Shows they care about the hotel and guests
food: excellent. Never had such top class food in an all inclusive. The breakfast buffet was more than adequate. Lunch time menu excellent and dinner excellent as well. We were there a week and on our last night the menu was different so think they must change it. Anyway there is always a different fish dish of the day so if you like fish you don't have a problem. The snack menu is also great and available on request. The drinks that are available are also very varied and you ate spoilt for choice. Sometimes the service was a little slow in the bar area and wasn't always manned though though. the Buffet food nights were not our favourite but you could still find something to eat
ambience: this is a small hotel but it is very quiet and relaxing (and no kids!)and gives you the chance to mingle and meet your fellow guests so if you don't like that then this is not the place for you. We met some really nice people.
Facilities: nice pool area. Had great massage at the spa and the free boat trip is a must do and the managers rum lunch party a nice touch. The nights the entertainment were on were the best and my only complaint was tht this didn't happen on more nights ( only 3 out of the 7 when I think minimum should've been 5).
I am a beach person and as I said hesitated to stay here with it nt being beachfront but the shuttle service is good and you can always book it off schedule for a small fee. however after staying here when I return to Barbados I will look no further than this place, I can say no more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa is graciously located on the North West Coast & Caribbean side of the Island Barbados. This 4 star deluxe Boutique Hotel is set upon a hilltop and has a charming Mediterranean architecture amongst tranquil and tropical ambiance. The Hotel & Spa is known for its warm hospitality, delivery of outstanding staff, service, and facilities in a casual setting. The 45 all-suite Hotel boasts one of the islands leading spa’s, two restaurants and bars, two swimming pools, a guest lounge, gym, art gallery, souvenir shop, squash court, and complimentary shuttle service amongst many more. Sugar Cane Club only accepts teenagers from ages 14 years and up, and no children ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel And Spa
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Hotel
- Sugar Cane Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa Barbados/Saint Peter Parish