It is very difficult to write a new review when practically everything has already been mentioned. We can only endorse all the glowing reviews previously posted.
If you want a hotel on the beach then there are plenty to choose. However, if you are looking for a secluded, tranquil retreat, this is the place for you. There is a regular shuttle bus to the beach and local town if required.
As the hotel is adults-only it is very quiet and peaceful. Others have complained about noisy guests. We found this only to be the case when newly-found friends were leaving the following day, hence a small “goodbye party”. Since the bar closed at 11.00 this rarely continued beyond that time and was never a problem.
We had a sea view suite which was extremely well appointed, having everything you could wish for. We only saw a few monkeys but having spoken to other guests, it seems that the garden bungalows are the best choice if monkeys are important.
Although there are plenty of opportunities to see the island organised from the hotel, we hired a car for a few days. While not essential, it is a great way to explore. The road signs in the interior are virtually non-existent so we got lost on occasions which added to the fun. There were always friendly people at the local bus-stops to help us out.
The hotel, gardens and pool are extremely well maintained with all the staff taking great pride in their work.
All the staff, housekeeping, gardeners and maintenance guys will take a few minutes to ask how the holiday is going and have a chat. Everyone is very good-natured and friendly.
We can't really add any more comments about the excellent food. It really is, so come and find out for yourselves. Apparently some people found the dress-code for the 'al a carte' nights too formal. We thought this added to the stature of the hotel. Very few mature couples would go to dinner in in shorts and flip-flops!!
Now for the staff.
It would be very difficult to single out individuals because they are all superb. They are most friendly, professional and welcoming and to list them all would be meaningless in a review until you meet them.
Having said that, we had a great rapport with Sade, Mya, Raquel, Sharron and Evette.
The boys- Antonio, Ricardo, Ryan, Ricky, 'Shortman' and the great man himself- Peter Charles.
At our request Antonio (on his day off) brought his beautiful baby girl to the hotel so that we could meet her, a real pleasure.
Read all the reviews for this hotel. 99.99% are extremely positive and we wholeheartedly agree.
Thank you Peter. The hotel is a credit to yourself and your hard-working dedicated staff.
The Sugar Cane is a wonderful hotel with great accommodation, great food and fantastic staff and we would recommend it to any wishing to visit Barbados.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa is graciously located on the North West Coast & Caribbean side of the Island Barbados. This 4 star deluxe Boutique Hotel is set upon a hilltop and has a charming Mediterranean architecture amongst tranquil and tropical ambiance. The Hotel & Spa is known for its warm hospitality, delivery of outstanding staff, service, and facilities in a casual setting. The 45 all-suite Hotel boasts one of the islands leading spa’s, two restaurants and bars, two swimming pools, a guest lounge, gym, art gallery, souvenir shop, squash court, and complimentary shuttle service amongst many more. Sugar Cane Club only accepts teenagers from ages 14 years and up, and no children ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel And Spa
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Hotel
- Sugar Cane Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa Barbados/Saint Peter Parish