Dar Zitoune is simply the best hotel we have stayed at in Morocco, and perhaps ever. We were so well received, and treated as friends. The staff, from the front desk to the gardeners are incredibly friendly. We originally planned for one night, but we enjoyed that first night so much, that we decided to make it a base to explore and stayed two additional nights. Also, because we have a rental car and are driving ourselves, secure parking is important.
The setting itself is beautiful. The hotel is just outside Taroudant on the road to Agadir. Inside the open doors lies a lovely garden, with a large swimming pool and a jacuzzi pool. The terrace just past the main building is set for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our room was really a small bungalow with a patio shielded by trees and shrubs - a very private space. The bedroom was large with a very nice bed, effective AC and a separate bathroom. Everything was spotless. We slept very well - too well on the day we checked out, only waking at 09:00. Each night when we returned we were welcomed for dinner and served a wonderful and varied selection. The first two nights we selected the "menu" which was a five or six course affair with a number of choices. Everything we had was excellent, from the amuse bouche, to dessert. The last night we restrained ourselves to a starter and a main, but we were still well fed. There is a reasonably extensive selection of Moroccan wines.
Although a bit more expensive than some of the places we have stayed, Dar Zitoune is excellent value. We have paid much more to stay in "name" hotels, but never have we been treated so well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Zitoune is located just a few miles from Taroudant. It was created in Berber style using local materials and consists of 14 bungalows and 8 suites, set in 4 acres of landscaped grounds with olive, papaya and citrus trees. The restaurant prepares an excellent choice of Moroccan and European meals including vegetarian options. Amenities: a spa with Hammam, massage, sauna and other beauty treatments such as manicure, pedicure...Only half an hour from Agadir airport, Dar Zitoune is ideal for clients seeking peace, calm, comfort and luxury. We made one heated swiming pool as well a jacuzzi. We are so pleased to announce the extension of our hotel of a deluxe Berber village. It's located in the back of the existing garden and composed of 10 tented rooms all equipped with a separate WC and a shower, air-conditioning, TV, satellite wireless, safe and wifi. All the tented room are surrounded by palm trees, roses and olive trees. There is a private heated swimming pool with a Moroccan restaurant. Tented rooms are built using local materials in Berber style to make you feel as if you are living in a traditional Moroccan setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Dar Zitoune reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Zitoune Hotel Taroudant
- Riad Dar Zitoune Taroudannt
- Riad Dar Zitoune Hotel Taroudannt