“Fantastic”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Taroudant
luton
“Fantastic”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at the hotel along with my 3 nephews for 3 weeks and had the most amazing experience staying here. The staff were polite,cheerful and kind and made our stay most comfortable and enjoyable. Wife was available so it was easy for us to stay in contact with people in the England and sky tv so we could watch all the premier league football. The hotel itself is stunning and I made a lot of friends with the staff that work there who I will remember for years to come. I hope to be able to go back there in the near future and repeat the best experience of my life.

• Stayed September 2013
Kamal B, Directeur général at Palais Salam, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your feedback in taking the time to write such a comment about your experience at Palais Salam Taroudant, a legend in the South of Morocco.
We are pleased that you had a wonderful and unforgettable experience staying at our hotel.
As you may know there are also many highlights to discover in Taroudant and its area such as the Oasis of Tiout and the Imoulnass Valley in the Atlas Mountains among many others. We will be delighted to ensure that you have a well balanced and exciting visiting program during your next stay with us.
Further, we look forward to welcoming you soon to enjoy a cool and revitalizing break at the foothills of the Atlas Mountains.
To make proper arrangements for your future stay or for any other enquiries, please contact our reservations department:
The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013

the Palais Salam was perfect. The gardens are lovely with indoor rooms full of character. An old hotel with imperfections, but I could have painted in the gardens for much longer. Staff were friendly, breakfasts basic but enjoyable - best to be early, wonderful orange juice and yogurts if you ask for them. Dinner fine but I didn't like the cats in the dining room. Lots of cats, a friend pointed out that means no mice etc. Access to Taroudant an easy pleasant walk. I felt I got what I paid for and would be happy to go again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was staying in Agadir for seven days when I was asked to come here for two nights , all paid by my original hotel, and I took in the offer.
Absolutely beautiful hotel but unfortunately unkept, the hotel has masses of gardens, you need few hours to see it all, two swimming pools which is great as one by the bar is always full of kids , really relaxing but more then two days and I will have been bored.
Staff ok, not very engaging , they look like they are bored of tourists, the only time when they smiled at me or talk to me was when I was leaving

Food ok, they tend to serve Buffet which is nice as there is something for everyone

If you are planning to visit Touradant you have to stay here even for a night, as long as you don't expect a five star hotel, is beautiful and very relaxing

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Ana I
Timbuktu, Tombouctou, Mali
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was lucky to get a great room in the hotel - very spacious with its own balcony. My room had everything a Moroccan hotel has to offer with the bonus of lovely grounds. The meals were quite
good and the location of the hotel is a major plus. I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I only stayed one night at this hotel, as I was spending 6 nights in the nearby Dar Zitoune - the comparison between the two hotels was very stark. Whereas the rooms and staff at Dar Zitoune are wonderful, the service and rooms were really poor in the Palais Salam. When we arrived there were no towels, either in the room or for the pool area. It was very hot and we wanted to swim - but had to wait ages (about 45 minutes) for them to find us a towel and sunbed - we had to nag and nag before anything happened. Even at check-in, they weren't very friendly and we got the feeling that the guests were a bit of a bother for them! The room was utterly basic - the bathroom was awful and on our balcony, there was paint peeling off the wooden furniture and I got the feeling I might get splinters of wood on my skin, as it was not "finished off" properly and was all chipped. Dinner in the hotel was pretty average - the only nice and efficient member of staff was Mohammed and I got the impression he was the only person to make things happen (he found us the towels!). It is such a shame, as the grounds themselves are spectacular - when we arrived, we thought "wow!". But when we left, we couldn't have been more relieved. The gardens are totally stunning and feel very traditional, with little romantic pathways etc. It is a real opportunity lost, as some better service and updated rooms would make this a wonderful place. So, I would recommend going for a drink in this hotel - but don't stay there...

Room Tip: I doubt that there is a good room....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lizzy064

Travelers are raving about these Taroudant hotels

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed for one night at this hotel, in amazing walls of Taroudant, it is beautiful with great atmosphere created by the trees and the swimming pool.

However the room I was allocated to (Room 206) was horrible. I understand that we were a large group and they had difficulty to fit us all in nice rooms. The room I was dirty, dusty, small and very old TV that didn't work whatsoever, dead bugs, very very very dirty toilet that wasn't flushing and dirty bathroom that I didn't want to use therefore didn't have a shower and used the toilet in the restaurant. Only good thing about the room was that the air conditioning was working.

Another good thing was the restaurant, it was nice to have Moroccan cuisine for dinner and OK continental breakfast. WiFi is available but only at the lobby/reception

Overall it has potential to be a great hotel but the room was disappointing and wouldn't recommend or return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
amsterdam
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel, even though it is going back into time: It does give a sense of travelling in the 1960's and in spite of all its shortcomings it "lifts my sense of being and joy".
Just within the wall of the Kasbah and set in a very pretty garden, the Palace Salam could easily be transformed into a 5 star hotel - fortunately that has not happened yet, it still oozes "old world".
As the few hotels in Taroudant were full - in our search we saw quit a few of them - we ended up in the most attractive; but only, in what I assume where the servant quarters of the Palace Salam (not recommended, but the hotel was fully booked otherwise and other rooms looked fine), which left a lot to be desired (still, the rooms were a decent size and bathrooms were in working condition and the rates were very reasonable - actually the cheapest in our Moroccan travels).
The center of town is in walking distance, or take a caroche for 20 dirham and there is guarded parking next to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family