“Great hotel downtown Taroudannt”
Review of Hotel Tiout

Hotel Tiout
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Taroudant
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Parking, close to everything, Wifi. Only 350 DH with breakfast. Hot shower, balcony. Great value.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank dpmatsalla

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Well past its better days. Not worth the 350 dh we paid for a double room. There are lovely riads around the corner that charge 400 dh for ten times the quality.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located (not far from the main square) for a stay in Taroudant as one day is probably enough as there is not a lot to do in this town. The tiling work everywhere in the hotel is lovely and atmospheric.
Room was comfortable and the service average.
The breakfast was adequate and the restaurant was attractive with authentic tiling and fountain.
We can recommend it for one night as prices were reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike J
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Stayed there as part of a tour for 1 night. I was assigned a small room just off the lobby across from the reception check-in counter. I think it was a store room which they placed me in as the staff removed a gigantic TV and table in the room before I could enter. The heater does not work, there was no hot water, pillow, or blanket. I had to ask for everything. The room reeked of a strong lemon air freshener which irritated me no end. They refused to give me another room giving the excuse that they were fully booked. I slept with all my clothes on that night. The bathroom was archaic. I was in Taroudant during the big rains in February and there was flooding all over the country. During the time I was there in the hotel, water ran down the lobby walls from the roof - it literally gushed down. The next morning when we checked out, we were told that the hotel was "being renovated". Well, I guess the water set back those renovations quite a bit.

• Stayed: February 2010
1  Thank ShilohinBC
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We stayed here for one night because we needed a hotel with a car park.

First impressions were not good - the guy on reception didn't seem to care whether we stayed or not and there appeared to be some kind of building work going on. It turned out that the terrace on the roof was being redone - this meant that there was a layer of plaster dust over most of the bottom floor and our balcony ( which had a charming view of a skip). There was also a random mattress propped up in reception.

The room itself was clean, but the bathroom had seen better days. Also, the whole place reeked of some kind of very strong air freshener. It was so bad in our room that we had to leave all of the windows open until the second we went to bed. We were also woken by the building work, which kicked off at about 7.30am.

All in all, if you just want somewhere to stay for one night this is fine, and for 250 dirhams a night (about 22 quid) you can't really complain. However, you wouldn't want to stay for much longer as the air freshener might be the death of you.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Awful. Sheets not changed on bed, (so you get someone else's hairs in your bed and the lingering smell of their aftershave/perfume) bathrooms dirty and the food is disgusting. Cloth napkins at dinner had someone else's mouth marks and encrusted food still on them and had to use paper napkins at breakfast to wip down plates before using them. Building work going on but still no excuse.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank Artemis29
Reviewed May 3, 2009

in particular because it was the only hotel I found where I slept well. All the others were freezing cold. This was in December, and I hadn't been expecting the draughty windows and doors and skimpy bedclothes, not to mention the lack of any heating, that seemed to be the norm everywhere else.

(I noticed that for summer they have air-conditioning.

As well as that, I appreciated the understanding of the owner (when I rolled up claiming to have a room booked, but didn't produce the bit of paper saying so, giving me a room downstairs when he saw I'd knackered my ankle, and sorting out lunch when I arrived in the middle of the afternoon), and the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff (giving advice on where to go, etc, calling a caleche...), the positiion of the hotel in the old town, the car-park (with a nightwatchman - if you want to tip him, you may have to do it the night before you leave, because he goes off duty at crack of dawn), the decent furniture (good carpets and comfortable chairs for once), and the ease I had in finding it and getting to it (good signs, but everyone in Taroudant knows the hotel anyway).

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo