Pinewood Villages was just as described. Great beach, great pool, friendly people, good food. Easy to access water-based excursions and the snorkeling trip we went on was very good. Long ride to/from Mombasa so I would certainly price flying directly into Ukunda. We stayed in a standard room which was very adequate. Pinewood generously provided us with a dayroom for our late departure-and they gave us a suite! I would highly recommend a suite if your budget allows-much roomier and on the ground floor. We stayed on half-board basis and very satisified with this arrangement-drinks and lunch were not expensive. I really appreciated the free internet with computers provided. This was a very quiet resort for a post-safari stay.
One thing I would have appreciated would have been some ride-sharing to the Mombasa airport. 3 couples that had stayed at Pinewood all showed up separately in the Mombasa airport. The taxi airport transfers cost $70 USD-each way-and the cabs could have easily accomodated 4 people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pinewood Village is a small boutique beach and water sport resort. It is situated on the stunning deserted shores of Galu Beach, one of the finest beaches in Kenya. It is relaxed and informal. Personalised and friendly service is at the forefront. The resort is set amidst heavy tropical flora and palms and attracts the endangered Colobus Monkey and over 100 bird species from the surrounding forest. Hotel newly refurbished jun 2006. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pinewood Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinewood Beach Resort And Spa
- Pinewood Beach Hotel Ukunda
- Pinewood Village Beach Hotel
- Pinewood Village Beach Ukunda