Sentido hotel chain has three all-inclusive hotels next to each other (Paradise, Village and Palm). They are all located at the most beautiful South Coast beach near Ukunda (about 50 kms south of Mombasa). Paradise and Village guest can share all their facilities, which adds a bit of variety in location - the food and the drinks are the same at both places. We stayed in the Village, where there are 4 standard rooms per bungalow, two on the lower floor, two on the upper. The room was really basic, but clean. There are monkeys playing around the garden/trees/balconies, so if you like Animal Planet, you won’t miss anything. The only disadvantage was that the two rooms are separated by a single door, so you can hear your next-door neighbors, even if they whisper. Other than that, the hotel is really nice, has great animation facilities, food is great, local spirits are okay, and the beach is wonderful, the ocean is shallow and super-warm (in January, it was about 28 C). Beach boys (who always want to do business with you - safari, necklaces, everything) are really annoying, because you cannot walk from the hotel to the ocean without at least three of them talking to you, but you kinda get used to them in a few days. So no romantic walks on the beach. Guaranteed :)
Must do: take the boat trip provided by the hotel (about 10 EUR). It's a few hours' trip and they take you in a small boat with a glass bottom over the reef. It is amazing. You can see several kinds of starfish (the guide fishes them out for you to check out and you put them back in the water), and all sorts of beautiful corals. Then you go snorkeling in the shallow water with all kinds of colorful fish - no sharks :) Then you stop at a sandbank that emerges from the water at low-tide. It's a really amazing trip, I recommend to everyone.
Money saving tip: if you go with a travel agency, they try to sell you some trips upon arrival (safari, Wasini Island and Mombasa trips, etc.). There is a travel agency located outside Village, called Tanke Branka Safaris, the guys are sitting outside fishing for guests. We went to Wasini Island with them for half price (compared to Neckermann), and the service was good.
Weather tip: the winter months by the Kenya coast can be very windy due to the Kaskazi wind, which blows from December to late January. It makes the heat very pleasant, and is great if you want to kite surf, but it is very annoying that it never stops. So if you don’t like wind, go in February or March.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Neptune Paradise Beach Resort & Spa is set in a beautiful tropical garden. The 92 rooms are in makuti roofed cottages bungalows with only 4 rooms per unit. This gives you a relaxing and quiet holiday. Restaurants and bars form a perfect match between hotel and nature and offer a real African atmosphere. The Resort is located at the South Coast at the famous Diani Beach. Mombasa town at ca. 40 km, Moi International Airport at ca. 45 km and the nearby Ukunda Airstrip is only ca. 8 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Jovago.com, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Neptune Paradise Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Neptune Paradise Hotel Diani
- Neptune Paradise Village Hotel
- Neptune Paradise Village Ukunda